Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet up - Kettleman City, CA. Sunday 2/18 10:30 am

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electroman.

Perfect timing for your Palm Springs trip on 24-25th. LA, San Diego and Orange County clubs will be there at that time.

Palm Springs Weekend

Our second event in March is a joint venture with the Orange County and San Diego Tesla Clubs. On the weekend of March 24 & 25th, we will be meeting in Palm Springs for a Saturday night dinner, Sunday brunch and a fun trip on the Aerial Tramway. We will be staying in historic downtown and if you'd like to join us, please make your own room reservations. There are still rooms available at several hotels in the area such as the Marquis Villas, Palm Mountain Resort, and the Renaissance Palm Springs (use a site like www.trivago.com for the best pricing).

If you will be joining us for the Palm Springs event, please reply to this e-mail so we can send you further information about brunch and dinner reservations as we get closer to the event date.

I might be interested, could you send me more details?

The event was a lot of fun and it was great to get to meet everyone! @SMAlset, Margaret and I were happy to get a chance to chat with you and your husband again. Huge thanks to @roblab for the opportunity to drive his Model 3. @bmah wasn't kidding about the wind or the bugs, BTW... I resorted to q-tips and toothpicks to get all of the bugs out of the GoPro I had mounted to my hood during the drive up to Kettleman.

Thanks @Petra really glad you guys were able to drive up. Too bad the two of you and some others weren't able to make lunch at Harris Ranch. It was nice to have more time to talk to everyone. Amazed at how much business they do there.

Had to laugh at your GoPro bug comment. By the time you got to KC could you even see out of your camera lens and did your video end up looking like Attack of the Bugs?

This was our first time over that way on I-5 and after heading north past Harris saw more cattle than I've ever seen in one place before. I'm sure this is the area where people want to use their Bioweapon Defense Mode during the summer.

IMG_6435.JPG

Only a small section near the end of the cattle lot here so really not representative in width and depth. Wish I had grabbed some shots earlier down the highway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffer
Thanks @Petra really glad you guys were able to drive up. Too bad the two of you and some others weren't able to make lunch at Harris Ranch.

Had to laugh at your GoPro bug comment. By the time you got to KC could you even see out of your camera lens and did your video end up looking like Attack of the Bugs?
It would have been nice to join everyone but Margaret and I had to get back home to take care of some stuff. Perhaps next time?

As for the GoPro, I had it doing a rear-facing timelapse on the drive up, so bugs on the lens weren't a problem... they did completely plaster the back of the GoPro and the suction mount/arm setup, though.

@Nosken @bmah Thank you very much for posting the pictures.

Hopefully, this is just the first event of the year and my wife and I will have the opportunity to meet you guys/gals in the near future.

Sorry Duffer you won't be able to make it. The central coast has a lot of great things to do and sure you will enjoy your trip down next month.

Last summer we made two trips down with our new 2017 S75D and charged to 90% at Gilroy for a little cushion (first road trip anxiety) and then at Atascadero and then at Buellton while we stayed in the area. With the addition of Superchargers at Salinas no one should have any anxiety getting to Atascadero. The San Luis Obisbo (Madonna Inn) location likely won't be ready by next month but hopefully up by summer. You will love how your 75D handles up and down the Cuesta Grade. Many wineries and a few businesses in the area offer patron destination charging and if you are driving south of Santa Maria, I'll recommend a stop at Bob's Well Bread Bakery in Los Alamos right off 101 (HPWC in back and really good breakfast/lunch items). Bob and wife are Model 3 reservation holders so nice to support them. This trip down to the Meet Up we'll stop in San Ardo (there is zilch along this long stretch of Highway 101 to stop at otherwise) and visit 43 Ranch (also right off 101) for an olive oil tour of their mill and pick up a bottle to take home (they have 3 16kW HPWC). If you do plan to stop at either, check their websites for days/hours.

Hope to see you at another event. Would have been interesting to see our car with the newer cream interior.
Spoiler Alert regarding the new cream interior:
When it's paired with the Midnight Silver Metallic paint it flat out pops!

Thank you for the information, we'll use it in the future.. My wife has family that lives in Santa Maria so we make the trek a couple of times a year.
The trip in March is for a NorCal vs SoCal golf event that members of a golf forum that I belong to have set up. Our schedule is late morning golf Saturday (kick SoCal's behind), Jocko's for dinner, early morning golf Sunday (beat SoCal again), retain the trophy, and head home. With all of the driving around and no overnight charging available, I will be sleeping off part of my post Jocko's food coma at the Bueliton supercharger Saturday night. :(

Reactions: SMAlset
Wish I had seen this post before the meet up, we would have gone! We live in Central Cali (Clovis) and would have driven over to see everyone. I've been to the KC supercharger once and its very nice!

Hope you guys do it again and we will plan on being there in our Model 3 (#89 made). :D

Wish I had seen this post before the meet up, we would have gone! We live in Central Cali (Clovis) and would have driven over to see everyone. I've been to the KC supercharger once and its very nice!

Hope you guys do it again and we will plan on being there in our Model 3 (#89 made). :D

Would have been nice to have you join us. I don't think a lot of people think to look in the Events section or do so regularly but I think it's a fun way to road trip (maybe to new areas) and meet other Tesla owners.

#89. So you're a "longtime" Tesla Model 3 owner then! I had to look up Clovis to see where it was and assume you had a relative that works for Tesla since you're not close to the Factory or Gigafactory. Your Model 3 would have enjoyed the company of a few others at the meetup. You're numbers are finally growing :D. Hope to meet you at a future event.

Reactions: ghoticov
Would have been nice to have you join us. I don't think a lot of people think to look in the Events section or do so regularly but I think it's a fun way to road trip (maybe to new areas) and meet other Tesla owners.

#89. So you're a "longtime" Tesla Model 3 owner then! I had to look up Clovis to see where it was and assume you had a relative that works for Tesla since you're not close to the Factory or Gigafactory. Your Model 3 would have enjoyed the company of a few others at the meetup. You're numbers are finally growing :D. Hope to meet you at a future event.

Yea, I only looked at post in the Model 3 section or the Tesla section... I never thought to look any where else. But now its good to know I should look around the site more!

Yes, the person I bought the Model 3 from is a Tesla employee (a pretty high up data analyst) that decided he wanted to buy an X (because he can buy from the loaner program at steep discounts). I've had the car since January 3rd and he had it since September. He also has another Model 3 reservation, in which he is waiting for the AWD/Performance Model. I am sure he will get one of the first ones made and for all I know, he could be driving one now... they are super secretive about that kinda stuff.

But we will plan on being at the next meet up, it will be nice to meet lots of other Tesla owners.

Reactions: Duffer