TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Meet-Up, Phoenix Area, July 12 Ahwatukee

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by MarkR, Jun 22, 2014.

1. MarkR

MarkR Member

You’re Invited! Please join us at My Wine Cellar in Ahwatukee for beer, wine, a light meal and TeslaTalk, perhaps with old friends or new enthusiasts. My Wine Cellar has a nice menu and a broad selection of wines and beers.

It’s happening Saturday, July 12th from 2 to 4pm, during “happy hour.” The wine bar is just off the I-10 at 5030 E. Warner Road, Phoenix. Please RSVP via email or PM as the venue can hold about 25 couples. The owner asked for an approximate count so they can set up accordingly. They have a small kitchen so if you see something on the menu that you want, add this to the RSVP, and we will forward this information to Zoya, their owner.

You can check out My Wine Cellar at: My Wine Cellar | Wine Bar Bistro | Home
    Their menu is at Food Menu

Hope to see you soon! Please RSVP. Write with any questions you might have.

Mark Rohde (MarkR) [email protected]
    John Parsey (Huzz1970) [email protected]

P.S. Both of us drive Red 85s. “What’s in your garage?”

MyWineCellar.jpg

staticmap.png

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

3. MarkR

MarkR Member

Glad you're coming Amped. Looks like you'll have plenty of company. Quite a number have PM'd John and I that they are planning to join us for beer, wine and talk. I wonder if we might draw some Tucson owners if we had a westside meet-up in September close to the SC in Buckeye. What do you think?

4. kk7p

kk7p Member

I'm a Tucson owner. The meet-up is 225 miles (272 range miles) round trip from my home according to EV Trip Planner, so access to charging is a must. Picacho Peak is a possibility, but there is only one charger there and if it was in use -- or more than one of us came from Tucson and needed it -- we'd have a minimum of a 1 hour wait per vehicle ahead of us in line, longer if any Model S in front of us did not have the dual charger option.

The alternative is adding 80 miles to the trip (1.5 hours) to get to the Buckeye SpC and back, plus charging time there.

A meet-up near Buckeye would be one I would try and attend. Once the Casa Grande SpC is available, all of this will be moot and I expect you'll see more of us!

5. MarkR

MarkR Member

Once the SC is open in Casa Grande, a meet-up in Tucson would also be an option for Phoenix owners who would like to get out of town.

6. unclegeek

unclegeek Member

We'll be there!

7. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

FYI... we're now confirmed for 2 to be there. See you all on Sat!

8. irishstoutaz

irishstoutaz Member

Tracy and I would like to also join if there is still room available.

9. MarkR

MarkR Member

It currently looks like we'll have about 23 enthusiasts at this event. Don't hesitate to joins us if you can make it. We'd like an RSVP, but you are welcome without it.

10. active doc

active doc New Member

Pat and I plan to attend.

11. MarkR

MarkR Member

Thanks to John (huzz1970) for taking the lead on making this event happen. It was great to meet so many of you!

12. romac

romac Member

I second the thanks. It was great to meet all the welcoming Tesla owners and their good conversation. We look forward to another meet up when we can drive up in our new Model S.

Robert and Bernadette

13. Kondo

Kondo Member

Nancy and I had a great time talking Tesla for the first time. Sorry we didn't get around but that is why we have to do this more often. Thanks John and Mark for setting this up. Had a very enjoyable dinner with Robert and Bernadette this evening. Two white Tesla owners to be in September.

David

14. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Thanks again to John and Mark for arranging. Was a good afternoon!

15. shepali

shepali Member

+1
    Thanks for planning. Look forward to more in the future!

16. irishstoutaz

irishstoutaz Member

Thanks John/Mark for arranging and was a nice turnout and good to meet more Tesla owners! Wasn't able to get around and say hello to everyone and had to rush out due to another commitment but look forward to more events and meeting more people.

17. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Adding my voice to the thank you's to John and Mark for making this happen. It was great to actually meet everyone in person, look at your cars and plates, and also to put faces to names. Such wonderful people, really. I am proud to be counted as part of your group, and thank you for allowing my partner and myself to join in the festivities.

To all of the expectant owners - congratulations on your orders!

18. Kondo

Kondo Member

Sonny, thanks to you for all the time you spent showing "liftoff" too. Look forward to seeing you guys again very soon ...... next time with a car too :) Have a great week.

David and Nancy