Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting comment on resale value of pink cars... Before my wife and I were married she had a pink neon, much brighter than that though, panther pink. Her father works in autobody and had painted it for her.

We sold it for twice what it would have been worth otherwise, and the buyer flew up from Georgia to New York to get it. In my opinion painting a car pink is the best thing you can do for resale value. :)

Photo is attached. Guy is not me, one of my co-workers at the time.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Which rims did you get?

T Sportline's MX5 22″ wheels in matte black, with Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 performance tires; I kept the factory 20″ wheels, as I'll be installing performance snow-tires on those as well. (What's the point of such a fancy car if it flounders in the snow or rain? :p)

That container of paint reminds me of..... Enjoy!

Maybe you could get a Pepto-Bismol sponsorship - with a logo wrap?

The original mix was this colour! You can see it on one of the ‘plucked-chicken’ paint-testers in my second post. It was revolting. I'm really happy that the dipper was able to re-mix the final application to my satisfaction, because a Pepto-Bismol Pink car would have been … interesting. >,>

Great write up, thanks for the detailed information.

I presume you will never lose your car in a parking lot now.

Oh, you'd be surprised at what I can lose, and where. D:

Pink Model X reminds me of the Jigglypuff Pokemon.

YOU JUST WONT THE AWARD FOR MY FAVOURITE THING ANYBODY HAS SAID ABOUT MY CAR

I'm now introducing her offline as ‘Verity, the Jigglypuff Model X.’ So, thanks for that. :D

Interesting comment on resale value of pink cars... Before my wife and I were married she had a pink neon, much brighter than that though, panther pink. Her father works in autobody and had painted it for her.

We sold it for twice what it would have been worth otherwise, and the buyer flew up from Georgia to New York to get it. In my opinion painting a car pink is the best thing you can do for resale value. :)

Photo is attached. Guy is not me, one of my co-workers at the time.

That's the great thing about dips and wraps: when time comes to sell her, I can post *both* photos of her pink, and white, safe in the knowledge that 1. I get the virility and attention of a crazy colour, and 2. I have a pristine, boring factory paint-job underneath to offer people with cold-feet about that colour!

Nice, but think about this: if everyone in the country had their cars painted pink, we'd be a pink car nation.

I'll see myself out. Thanks.

Again, I say: it sounds like you think this is a problem???? :p

It's a really neat finish: in sunlight, it pops nicely; but at night, under the streetlights, it's nearly invisible: just looks like a plain matte white.

Wow, that's really amazing how different it looks at night!

If anybody's in the Chicagoland area, and curious, I'd be happy to let you check out the finish in person, as well. <3)

I'm not in the Chicagoland area often, but next time I am, I may take you up on that.

First thing I thought about was that it looked like a car made of Bondo.

But whatever floats your boat. Number one thing that needs to be done though is to paint the brake caliper covers pink or something besides red. They stick out in a bad sort of way.

looks good. i would have gone with a black base coat paint instead of white.

I've had my cars painted before for show cars and black base paint is the best as when you repaint the car, you dont need to do the engine bay, door jams etc and it looks good.

It will draw a lot of attention. Not my thing but each to their own.

You can say that again, yeesh. Attention for this on the Internet is fun (I enjoyed the Reddit thread, and here); but … okay, this isn't going to make much sense; but I wish I could make my car invisible.

I drive a pink-ass supercar for me, not for anybody else. The killer feature would be a switch I could flip that raised a reality-distorion field, and convinced localized onlookers that they were seeing a generic white Prius-taxi.

All of the happiness, none of the tedious attention. :p

looks good. i would have gone with a black base coat paint instead of white.

I've had my cars painted before for show cars and black base paint is the best as when you repaint the car, you dont need to do the engine bay, door jams etc and it looks good.

This was very intentional: White interior, white jambs, very-light-almost-white paint-job … down to the edge of the skirt, from which it's matte-black (except for the foolish calipers, which I haven't decided what to do with yet.) It's intended to look like it's floating or similar, I suppose. :p

You can say that again, yeesh. Attention for this on the Internet is fun (I enjoyed the Reddit thread, and here); but … okay, this isn't going to make much sense; but I wish I could make my car invisible.
I saw on another website today your car. I didn't click through the article as it was displayed on my Google Cards. I went back to look for it and now it's no longer there.