Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you going to have the inner white paint (seen here when the FWD's are open) done as well?

I chose not to, for a variety of reasons:

• It's wildly more expensive to dip door-jambs: Almost twice the price. Dipping is only cheap when they only have to mask-up the entire car once, and then spray it in one go. Part of the point of ‘spray-on wraps’ like these is that they're so much more cost-effective than vinyl; and it's not like anybody owning a Model X is all that concerned about cost, but if it's cheaper for each dip, then one is more likely to re-dip — which again, is kinda the point of dip. (tl;dr, if I dip the jambs, then I'll change up the colour less often, at which point I may as well vinyl-wrap.)
  • I got white seats, carbon-fibre interior, and a white factory-paint-job, for a reason: I've kinda got a theme going here! White, black, and <insert pretty pastel colour here>. It's subjective, of course, but I personally feel that the white jambs when the door is open match up pretty well with the white interior; and help visually transition from <exterior colour> to <interior colour>. To each their own, though, of course.
  • Finally, this one's probably silly; but I was paranoid as hell, as it was my first time around. I was afraid of a slightly-imperfect masking job resulting in extremely-visible pink ‘splash’ on those pristine white seats.

Next time around, depending on 1. how well this dip-job holds up over time, 2. how secure I am in my next choice of colour (pink was adventurous; but if I choose a candy-blue or something, I'll be less worried about wanting to change it super-soon), and 3. how well white pairs with my next choice of colour (blue/white may not be as attractive as pink/white, y'know?), I may choose to have the door-jambs done as well.

looks good. i would have gone with a black base coat paint instead of white.

I've had my cars painted before for show cars and black base paint is the best as when you repaint the car, you dont need to do the engine bay, door jams etc and it looks good.

See, with a lot of other colours, I'd agree; but for the same reasons above, with this pastel-pink, I'm convinced it worked really well. That, and white cars have the highest resale value (and despite the fact the chances of me selling this car anytime soon are Really Low, I'm financially paranoid: if it was going to stay dipped most of the time, why not buy the paint-job with the highest resale value? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

(Also, hey, what are those wheels on your Model X? I freakin' love them. Really good look, especially in titanium / matte grey / whatever finish that is!)

oh how I do miss Boys town in Chi chi land!

I'm pretty sure my car would draw a lot fewer stares if I lived in Boystown. I live on the border with the Southside, lol, so I'm Extra Out-Of Place™.

The wheels are made by rucci. I had them custom powdercoated a gunmetal with a black rim. Thanks!

If i went the show route again, i love candy apple red... my old car was painted candy apple red and was just amazing...

Got any larger photos of your MX with those rims? I'd love to see them up close!

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby
I'm pretty sure my car would draw a lot fewer stares if I lived in Boystown. I live on the border with the Southside, lol, so I'm Extra Out-Of Place™.

Got any larger photos of your MX with those rims? I'd love to see them up close!
here is my initial post:
Tesla X with Custom 22" shoes( a few pics :D )

i really need to wash the car and take more. the driver's side, the blades go the other direction.

powdercoat your centers pink!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormond
Completely OT but somewhat relevant, I found a sibling of Verity in far far east in Tokyo...
DSC_2593.JPG

Reactions: Ormond