Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meeting Tesla HK Bus Development Mgr on May 13.......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One suggestion to better utilize Supercharger is to disallow charging when the battery is almost full, say 90+% when the charging efficiency becomes very low, and require the owner to move the car to fast/mid-speed chargers for the last 10%. I rarely do my last 10% on Superchargers.

there is still the same issue that there're too many owners who just plug in their cars then scoot off to watch a film etc, even when they have more than enough juice/ fully charged their car, essentially hogging the space when they should move the car. limiting the charge at 80-90% may not change that.

i can see your suggestion having the intended effect if the charge limit level is set quite low, e.g. 50-60%, so some users have the incentive to move the car to a type 2 after maybe 10-15mins of charging from a low 20% battery level. Some would still leave their cars plugged in tho, if 60% charge is all they need (e.g. having chargers at home or their next destination etc), so its more of a limited mitigation than solving the issue. (admittedly there may not be a way to completely solve this in the short term, until there're more desirable charging spots than EVs in circulation)

charge level limitation seems quite contradictory to the philosophy of electfiying transportation, but that's more on a grand scale of thinking i guess.