TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Meetup at the Oct 9 Hawthorne Airport Event

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by DaveT, Oct 3, 2014.

1. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

If you're going to be at the Oct 9th event at the Hawthorne Airport, then let's meet up. I think it would be fun meeting people from here in person.

The event starts at 7pm but judging from past Tesla events there will probably be about an hour of socializing and hanging out, ie., 7-8pm. Then, the official presentation will start at 8pm or even maybe 8:30pm. So there should be plenty of time to meet and hang out. Last year at the battery swap event, FredTMC and I hung out and even got to meet FANGO and a few others from TMC as well.

I'll choose the nearest seating area near the refreshments table (if there is one), and I'll probably be standing with some kind of sign that says "TMC Meetup".

So, just stop on by and introduce yourself to the people gathered around. See you there.

2. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

I'll be there. I was also going to ask if other SandyEggo types wanted to carpool up? But I'm not sure of my own schedule yet.

3. ww73

ww73 Member

Sounds good. I'll look for you there.

4. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

I will be going also. It will be my first time to the Hawthorne location, and was wondering for a event like this, where is the parking for attendees. Do you enter on Jack Northrop Ave. or Rocket Rd.?

5. callmesam

callmesam Member

I'm at a conference in San Diego, and have to come back that night, so I'm game.

- - - Updated - - -

There have been signs up in the past. Parking is likely going to be at Hawthorne Airport with charging available at the design studio for Tesla owners that need to charge.

There are only about 50 spots at the airport, so they will likely have the valets out as usual.

6. MSMX2014

MSMX2014 $ Contributing Member $

I'll see you there.

7. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Thanks Sam. Unfortunately I will have a POS rental, I am just flying in for the night (from Vegas).

8. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

Sorry NJ it looks like you will have to park across the freeway and get shuttled in haha j/k. :tongue:

Last time I got Supercharged I entered off Jack Northrup Ave. but it was night and I didn't notice the Rocket Road entrance. I am sure there will be signs.

DaveT - looking forward and will say hi if I can find my way through the crowd!

9. blakegallagher

Wishing I lived a little closer than San Antonio so I could try and ride someones coattails into this event. I have enough Tesla Gear to fake someone into thinking I am a Sig Reservation holder and I am not above faking a reservation. Alas If only I was a little closer lol. I have made sure I have cash in my account so I can reserve a Model 3 if they open up that. It would feel great to finally be a reservation holder if not a car owner.

10. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Looking forward to seeing some fellow TMC members

11. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'll be there, but likely with my sister, brother-in-law, and a nephew. So I'll stop by to say 'hey' but may not stop to visit much. Apologies in advance.

12. davecolene0606

Colene and I will see ya'll there!

13. FANGO

FANGO Active Member

#13 FANGO, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    They often use a large parking lot across Crenshaw as overflow parking for events at the Tesla/SpaceX complex, so I'd expect there to be parking there as well.

Haven't heard whether Roadster owners are invited and didn't get an invite in the email yet (last time I went in for service they had my email misspelled, even after I corrected it once, so I just emailed ownership to see if that's the issue or if I'm just a persona non grata :p), but if I do I'll definitely look for you guys.

14. Vger

Vger Active Member

I will be there and likely come by to say hi.

15. jive_devil

jive_devil Member

I'll be there . . . looking forward to meeting you all.

16. traxxed

traxxed New Member

Did any of you receive a confirmation for the event sign up?

17. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

No, and I was wondering about that. Would suck to show up and not be on the list.

18. Maaz

Maaz Member

I'm also wondering this. I did my RSVP for me and 3 guests. After I clicked submit it just said "we look forward to seeing you there" or something like that. No confirmation email or anything. Also I am not a tesla owner. (Future model s, model 3, and model x owner.)I have test driven at the tesla store though and am on mailing list.

19. ModelX

ModelX Member

I will see you guys there, also did not get confirmation.

20. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

So jealous! But alas, I got no invite :'(
    Have fun all!!