Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meetup at the Oct 9 Hawthorne Airport Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took with me a copy of the email, and the confirmation that I got after submitting.
Since you do not have to write a email address, and no confirmation, I think the RSVP is not linked to the user but maybe to what email list it was sendt to.
Just arrived at the Hotel, only a 6000miles trip, looking forward to see ya tomorrow, and be picked up by a Roadster. :)

Looking at the URL from the invite, it seems to be personalized, so my guess is when you click on it, the identifying info gets passed back to the website as URL parameters so they can tell who you are automatically. That might create a problem for folks using someone else's invite as the website will capture the info of the email's original recipient.

O

Alright everyone, here's a recap of our plans.

1. For those who can meet before the event:
Paul Martin's American Grill, 2361 Rosecrans Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245. We'll be there probably from about 5:15pm or so until 6:40pm on Oct 9th (Thurs). Meet us near the bar as we'll be ordering individually from the happy hour menu (http://paulmartinsamericangrill.com/_pdfs/PM_ELS_Menus_TOPM.pdf).

2. For those going to the Hawthorne event at 7pm:
Look for this handcrafted sign (see below), probably near the nearest sitting area near the food table. Just drop on by and introduce yourself to the folks gathered there.

Some other info: for the Hawthorne event, based on past event there most likely will be valet parking and people directing you where to park. Just get near the Hawthorne Supercharger and follow the lines of Model S's (probably more than you've ever seen in one location in your life, haha). Just a warning, there might be a wait after the event to pick up your car so plan accordingly. If you need a charge, you can probably let the valet person know and they'll likely do their best to try to get you some charge, but there might be a ton of cars needing this so I wouldn't count on it.

See y'all tomorrow!

sign.png

ps., give me some reputation points if you like the sign.

[QUOTE

give me some reputation points if you like the sign.
[/QUOTE]

Dave, I think it is safe to say based on the sign you will not be asked to be on the model 3 design team:biggrin: So, no rep points for that....but I did give you a thumbs up for all the other help you give to all on TMC.

I know you guys will be busy enjoying the show in person, but if someone can find the time to do a bit of "liveblogging" on TMC that would be much appreciated for those of us unable to attend.

Have fun!

Event parking is a disaster... No signage. Nobody directing traffic. Poor instructions.

Apparently the correct entrance is the one closer to the freeway (105) -- not rocket rd. I guess it is a general airport entrance but not certain.

Recommend driving up eastbound on W 120th and then turning right on Crenshaw or otherwise coming in on southbound Crenshaw. Then stay in far right lane -- there is a big backup.

Yes! I just handed off the keys to valet... Now go to the end of a very long line to get into the actual event area. Only took an hour in my car after I arrived near the front of the SpaceX building.

I think I'll arrive at least an hour early next time.

Traffic crawling about a foot per minute... I've been waiting for 45 minutes and I'm not up to the valet area yet.

Last edited: