Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah... Strange. I think the 3/Y benefits from being more of a clean-sheet design. The plaid is trying to retrofit upgraded components into an old chassis. I'm guessing the LED headlamps are just something trying to be a drop-in replacement for the old HID bulbs.

No idea why the stereo can't be better.

However, I did confirm those tweeters work now on the 2021.40.6 release with the immersive audio turned on.

More info needed on this! Which tweeters? I’m on 2021.36.8.6 so I can check my car still…

More info needed on this! Which tweeters? I’m on 2021.36.8.6 so I can check my car still…
Gah, too many duplicate threads. I confirmed the ones circled in red are working in my car now, though very quiet. The thing in green is supposed to be a microphone, likely for ANC.

1638204741854.png

Attachments

• 1638204717120.png
    1638204717120.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 192
  • Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Gah, too many duplicate threads. I confirmed the ones circled in red are working in my car now, though very quiet. The thing in green is supposed to be a microphone, likely for ANC.

View attachment 738640
Oh that’s interesting. Yes the green one is a mic (the passenger one does nothing…), but the red does nothing on my car (yet, apparently!). I thought it was just an access panel for the airbag system. Does anyone have a picture of there actually being a speaker there?

Gah, too many duplicate threads.
Oh that’s interesting. Yes the green one is a mic (the passenger one does nothing…), but the red does nothing on my car (yet, apparently!). I thought it was just an access panel for the airbag system. Does anyone have a picture of there actually being a speaker there?
Try enabling immersive audio in the music settings.

OK, then they must have just been enabled in the latest update. Mine are working now and I didn't think they were working before.
Hmmmm!! I won’t know till I get pushed 2021.40. Might be a while since I’m on the FSD branch. A picture from someone with access to what’s under there would be so useful, darnit. Seems crazy these cars were out half a year without some speakers enabled…

If you can believe this !!! - I found what they did during their little joy ride! Totally scratched my bumper, and not only that they put PPF back over it!!? And not just a little scratch. It's deep and I even had gravel pieces pushed under some of the other side of the bottom plastic.
I'm glad I have TeslaFi as it recorded the drive. I'm still in shock, and still perplexed as to why they put PPF over it. I had a full PPF body wrap, and now I have some *sugar* job of PPF film they tried putting over this.
I'm ****ing fuming...

For anyone in the Seattle area, this is the Renton SC.
I picked it up after hours and it was dark, as well as not thinking I should check for body damage! Today I went out to video another issue I have with the car as soon as I got it back, and noticed the gravel pushed up under some of the bottom plastic under the bumper, took a look at the other side and *sugar* my pants!!!

Update: The USB drive drive appears to be formatted right after they drove it. I will attempt recovery but since it's a small drive and so many files have been written on it since then, I don't have a whole lot of hope.
11/29/21 Update: Was assured my S Plaid would be ready for pickup today, it's not. This time I was told my wheel is being repaired by a third party and their machine was broken....

After picking up our Y and asking about the missing USB ports, wireless charging and another cosmetic issue that we had originally scheduled the car for as well as going over it with the person at the service center when we dropped it off, they tell me that they were unaware of it and will need to order it.

11/29/21 Update: Was assured my S Plaid would be ready for pickup today, it's not. This time I was told my wheel is being repaired by a third party and their machine was broken....

After picking up our Y and asking about the missing USB ports, wireless charging and another cosmetic issue that we had originally scheduled the car for as well as going over it with the person at the service center when we dropped it off, they tell me that they were unaware of it and will need to order it.

Repaired wheel? They should be giving you a new wheel, if they damaged it!

Reactions: GroovaEV and cwanja
Yeah... Strange. I think the 3/Y benefits from being more of a clean-sheet design. The plaid is trying to retrofit upgraded components into an old chassis. I'm guessing the LED headlamps are just something trying to be a drop-in replacement for the old HID bulbs.

No idea why the stereo can't be better.

However, I did confirm those tweeters work now on the 2021.40.6 release with the immersive audio turned on.
Just confirmed with a friend on 36.5.1, @Muzzman1 that there is no sound from those tweeters. We’ll see when he gets week 40 if they magically start working! Anyone else?

Reactions: cwanja and Muzzman1
List of some detailing issues:

Protector not removed from visor mirrors
Protector not removed from rear screen
Protectors not removed from outside rear door handles
Residue along passenger side trim at roof line

Gunk on top of front door triangle windows
Late response to this — But was wondering if you had Tesla fix the gunk on the triangle windows?

I also had gunk from that on my door weatherstripping where the triangle window contacts the door.

I tried wiping it away with some warm soapy water (best thing for EPDM), and it mostly just smeared it around. Have a service appointment to look at it (hope they replace the seals honestly) and I expect to be footed with the bill (no big deal, just want it fixed)

Late response to this — But was wondering if you had Tesla fix the gunk on the triangle windows?

I also had gunk from that on my door weatherstripping where the triangle window contacts the door.

I tried wiping it away with some warm soapy water (best thing for EPDM), and it mostly just smeared it around. Have a service appointment to look at it (hope they replace the seals honestly) and I expect to be footed with the bill (no big deal, just want it fixed)
I opened a ticket. They looked at it and said nothing wrong. Ended up peeling most of it off myself. Detailer didn't mention it so think they cleaned the rest up.

Does anyone have buzzing from their speakers when nothing is playing? It's noticeable when driving, but really easy to hear if you turn off the HVAC. I'm trying to record a clip of it, but it is hard to get my phone to not remove it as background noise....