Really? What build date and vin? Try listening really closely, after turning on and off the turn signals. Put your ear up to the headlight button on the yoke.
Maybe they have fixed it in later cars?? That would be good news.
I can hear it while driving, even with the radio on. It's really loud in my car. I don't have to put my ear up to it to hear it. It doesn't seem like it is as loud in other cars.Lol. You and your yoke noise. If you can only hear it if you're really got your head next to the yoke. It doesn't matter. It's a nothing burger
I've heard mine once or twice while driving, too. No idea if I'm just more sensitive on some days than others.I can hear it while driving, even with the radio on. It's really loud in my car. I don't have to put my ear up to it to hear it. It doesn't seem like it is as loud in other cars.
I’m reposting this as it’s the more appropriate thread but I had some interior issues at delivery unfortunately.
Well I got my model s on Tuesday. I have already put about 150 miles on it. Overall the car is incredible. The exterior of the car was perfect but the interior had quite a few small issues.
1. Both front seats had loose material on the back rest.
2. Dust/debris was in between the plastic and actual display on the drivers display. Which cannot be cleaned obviously.
3. Super annoying tick/rattle coming from what seems the a pillar or the head liner. Can’t figure out where it’s coming from might be behind the cover as I cannot place my hand on it to stop the noise anywhere in the area here is a link to the noise (sorry for the rustling) you can hear my coat a bit
4. There is adhesive looking stuff on both the rear door cars that won’t come off.
5. The windshield has marks/haze on it that are visible when the wipers pass (like a forged window) that won’t wipe off even with rubbing alcohol.
I want to be excited for this car but it’s difficult to look past all these issues for now. I’m pretty anxious to have the service center work on it. With my luck dealers usually damage stuff making the overall situation worse than the issue I brought it in for. I also am anticipating the it’s “within spec” comments or can’t find the rattle etc.
Did your vehicle come with the Trunk Parcel Shelves and Privacy Cover or did they provide it at service?I wanted to give everyone an update on these issues. Car went into service yesterday with the following done based on the issues:
1. They removed the seats and re-fit the backrest material. Issues solved.
2. They were able to remove most of the debris but not all of it - they are taking the display out of the car to try and remove more (TBD)
3. They identified the rattle and added insulation to the headliner to fix it (confirmed fixed)
4. They are replacing both rear door cards I'm guessing it was adhesive from manufacturing and can't be cleaned off.
5. Came off with glass polish (adams glass polish used)
So they have taken care of everything with the only outstanding item the debris in the display. I am pretty happy with how willing and quickly they are fixing the delivery issues!
Well this was my next tab open - so no, still messed up on a January build.From what I can tell about new deliveries, no. But I am definitely not following all the delivery threads as closely.