Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. My car is at the SC now for the sixth time to fix issues from delivery 10 months ago. Each time they fix one thing and break two more. It's a *sugar* show at service now.
this is very true... sometimes i would advise not to even schedule a service appointment for small imperfections because they ALWAYS end up breaking or damaging or making something else worse!

Reactions: WilliamG
I took my car in for the back seat rattle and now it makes 10 times the noise it did before. I am living with the noise for now as I don't want to deal with the SC. It is so frustrating not having trust in the SC to be able to actually fix issues and having virtually no alternatives for support (other than TMC for emotional support:)).
Consider noise canceling earplugs when driving.

“Same here. My car is at the SC now for the sixth time to fix issues from delivery 10 months ago. Each time they fix one thing and break two more. It's a *sugar* show at service now.”
If possible, try to go to a different SC. I can’t believe that all are incompetent. Also, as I await delivery for a refreshed MX, I’ve had my M3 for 3 years and have never had a single issue with it - so I’m hopeful I’ll have the same experience once my X arrives. But I gotta say, reading these posts can really dampen one’s enthusiasm. As I tend to be optimistic, I’m thinking that the instances described above represent only the smallest fraction of new Tesla deliveries.

Reactions: zoomer0056
“Same here. My car is at the SC now for the sixth time to fix issues from delivery 10 months ago. Each time they fix one thing and break two more. It's a *sugar* show at service now.”
If possible, try to go to a different SC. I can’t believe that all are incompetent. Also, as I await delivery for a refreshed MX, I’ve had my M3 for 3 years and have never had a single issue with it - so I’m hopeful I’ll have the same experience once my X arrives. But I gotta say, reading these posts can really dampen one’s enthusiasm. As I tend to be optimistic, I’m thinking that the instances described above represent only the smallest fraction of new Tesla deliveries.
The model 3/Y is better. I've inspected deliveries for friends and they are near perfect. The model S/X is a *sugar* show. They arrive with crazy manufacturing defects.

Next service center is two hours away. I'd have to book a hotel room there every other month and camp out while they spend days and days trying to "fix" my car.

This is my fifth Tesla and by far the worst in terms of manufacturing quality (2010 roadster, 2016 S p90d, 2018 model 3 performance, 2018 model 3, 2021 model S Plaid)

My rear glass had distortion in it but they said it's within spec. They previously agreed to fixing it then two visits later(one with parts not available) they tell me no. I waited on tinting and ended up paying 150 more than I was quoted 5 months before... Make sure to check for distortion guys.

Also having my center console replaced by a different service center because I vowed to never go to Raleigh Service center for any thing ever again haha.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I’m still waiting for the SC to resolve my complains from delivery, over a year ago. Constant rescheduling, parts didn’t come in, oh we’ll send a mobile tech out instead, oh wait nevermind we’ll have you come in instead. With all new reschedules being a month out, due to a lack of appointment availability. Still waiting lol, luckily nothing major.
__HICA!

i realized i had 4 scratches on my windshield a bit after delivery. now i can't unsee the scratches, but i refuse to replace the windshield because i am scared they will mess up the seals and will introduce wind noise if i go in that direction -_-
Try swirl remover and rub in circle lightly. I once had a shower by a cement truck. I turned on wiper and washer and ended up with multiple scratches on my Audi. I was able to remove them. I don't know if Tesla coats the windshield, however, I don't know my method would work or make it worse.

Try swirl remover and rub in circle lightly. I once had a shower by a cement truck. I turned on wiper and washer and ended up with multiple scratches on my Audi. I was able to remove them. I don't know if Tesla coats the windshield, however, I don't know my method would work or make it worse.
thanks for your suggestion! i will look into it. I took it to the service center and they said they will take a look at it.... aka stare at it and say they can't do anything about it lol

Reactions: aerodyne
Oh the customer service is the worst. It was from the time I ordered, through the delivery process, and now after delivery.

Stupid me, signed up for their solar (after seeing the quality of customer service with the car), put down a deposit and submitted all of the required paperwork and images. 3 weeks later, several emails and phone calls, and no one knew anything to move to the next step. Ended up going with a different company. I have my solar and batteries already up and running. They used Tesla Gateway and Powerwalls as well and so far the hardware works great. Hopefully nothing goes wrong so I don’t have to deal with Tesla’s customer service for that.
Who did you use for solar? I had a deposit down on a roof for about 9 months and could never get an answer to simple questions so I didn’t proceed with my solar tile roof. The whole deal was aggravating.

Reactions: Ramphex
Who did you use for solar? I had a deposit down on a roof for about 9 months and could never get an answer to simple questions so I didn’t proceed with my solar tile roof. The whole deal was aggravating.
GoSolarPower. They’re a powerwall dealer and I wanted Powerwalls over Enphase batteries. Ended up getting a 20kw system with 3 batteries. A lack of communications and answers from Tesla from day one, for weeks, was super concerning. Last situation I wanted to end up in, is have that sort of experience half way through the project or when/if there was some snag along the way.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
Here’s for the quality and customer service…. Once again rescheduled for complaints from delivery in July 2021 😅😅

EB6E3E77-6D71-4E95-B869-2CAB74AF4C90.png

91A82407-14E0-4F67-BD6A-A03B4EC05710.png

Let’s see if we can get these issues ironed out by the end of 2nd year of ownership 🤣🤣

Reactions: Ormond
Here’s for the quality and customer service…. Once again rescheduled for complaints from delivery in July 2021 😅😅

View attachment 849353

View attachment 849354

Let’s see if we can get these issues ironed out by the end of 2nd year of ownership 🤣🤣
At least they did not ask you to bring your car into SC and let it sit until Oct. Remember they stop washing cars after service long time ago.

View attachment 849353

View attachment 849354

At least they did not ask you to bring your car into SC and let it sit until Oct. Remember they stop washing cars after service long time ago.
That's a good thing! Swirls are likely if you let someone else wash your car.

I’d prefer if they didn’t wash my car lol. They’re the worst though. This appointment has legit been rescheduled about 7-8 times now. One time I showed up to drop off the car, just to pick it up the next day because they didn’t have the parts available. Why even have me drop it off if you don’t have the parts lol.