Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my car 7 months ago. But only today I realized that there is no cargo cover to cover the suit cases. had them in my both previous Model S cars. Are we not supposed to get one? Is it too late for Tesla to send me one? Thx
Yes, you are, and it is well known that one or more of the three covers are often missing on delivery.

You should ask, but since it was not noted at delivery, you would have to some "goodwill" for them to provide you with one.

Best chance is to contact your SA, if he/she is still with Tesla.

Reactions: cwanja and bhakan
Yes, you are, and it is well known that one or more of the three covers are often missing on delivery.

You should ask, but since it was not noted at delivery, you would have to some "goodwill" for them to provide you with one.

Best chance is to contact your SA, if he/she is still with Tesla.
I requested thro my app. I have to wait and see. If this fails I may have to go with other options.

View attachment 849588
Six you say? I should be almost done soon then!! Lmao. Cancelled are the appointments where they took my car, had it for 4-5 days and it didn’t move in the parking lot, and nothing was done. I brought back their ICE rental and took my car back, advising them to stop wasting my time and let me know when to bring the car whenever they’re actually ready to work on it. That would yield in another appointment being scheduled…. And the game goes on.
60754C43-C245-4023-830E-2F978B6F42A1.png

Aaaaand again. At this point I’m certain they’ll never fix the issues and will just wait for the warranty to expire.

I requested thro my app. I have to wait and see. If this fails I may have to go with other options.
My issue will be resolved: I made a service request thro Tesla app.Tesla suggested that since it was noted during the delivery I had to get approval from my delivery advisor. I sent an email to her. A few days later the delivery advisor replied that they have sent a response to my SC and they will contact me. They were nice to give me the parcel shelf free of charge ( Tesla quoted $301.25 if I have to pay) and the appt is for next Monday (10/10). I am happy.

My issue will be resolved: I made a service request thro Tesla app.Tesla suggested that since it was noted during the delivery I had to get approval from my delivery advisor. I sent an email to her. A few days later the delivery advisor replied that they have sent a response to my SC and they will contact me. They were nice to give me the parcel shelf free of charge ( Tesla quoted $301.25 if I have to pay) and the appt is for next Monday (10/10). I am happy.
Edit: It should be "not noted"

Yesterday was the delivery day for my MSLR - about 2 months “early”. The morning started off a little goofy as my delivery appointment was scheduled for one center but, it turned out, the car was at a different one. Tesla figured it out early and moved the appointment from one center to the other at the same time. So, I drove about 10 minutes further and saved 0.5% sales tax. :) I arrived at the appointed time and waited for about 5 minutes to get the registration paperwork printed out. They took me to the car and I started going through the delivery checklist found here. (Thank you!!). I am happy to report that the car was near perfect. I had one issue with a loose fastener in the passenger footwell that caused a squeak but the service center fixed that quickly. Overall, a great initial experience. I hope overall focus on quality is improving and that all of you waiting on delivery experience similar outcomes.

2022 MSLR, W/Cream, 19”, EAP, RN 1173, Ord 6/14/22, EDD Nov 22-Feb 23, Final 12/11/22-12/31/22, Delivered 10/18/22

Yesterday was the delivery day for my MSLR - about 2 months “early”. The morning started off a little goofy as my delivery appointment was scheduled for one center but, it turned out, the car was at a different one. Tesla figured it out early and moved the appointment from one center to the other at the same time. So, I drove about 10 minutes further and saved 0.5% sales tax. :) I arrived at the appointed time and waited for about 5 minutes to get the registration paperwork printed out. They took me to the car and I started going through the delivery checklist found here. (Thank you!!). I am happy to report that the car was near perfect. I had one issue with a loose fastener in the passenger footwell that caused a squeak but the service center fixed that quickly. Overall, a great initial experience. I hope overall focus on quality is improving and that all of you waiting on delivery experience similar outcomes.

2022 MSLR, W/Cream, 19”, EAP, RN 1173, Ord 6/14/22, EDD Nov 22-Feb 23, Final 12/11/22-12/31/22, Delivered 10/18/22
Great to hear a good experience! Mine is almost perfect. 11 months later. 😅

Same as above… quick/easy delivery… told me to take a good look first and then sign papers later. Everything was in order and no defects I could find. The only snafu is after doing full payment the day prior couldn’t “accept delivery” on the APP… after digging found out I was $2 short!

Love the car and how quiet and smooth it rides compared to my M3. Car came with A/S tires as told earlier and 19” rims… pulled caps off and like the look much better. Car had 5 miles on it and no scratches from carriage like others I’ve seen. MSM w/ Cream.

Glückwunsch. Ich gehe also davon aus, dass es sich um das 2023er Modell handelt. Sind die USS ausgerüstet
?
Glückwunsch. Ich gehe also davon aus, dass es sich um das 2023er Modell handelt. Sind die USS ausgerüstet
?
Congratulation. Look great and good to hear that there are no quality issues. I'm assuming you got a 2023 Model S.
Are the USS equipped? Any special abvious change refresh/refresh 2022?

I'm in EU-Switzerland and according Tesla I will get mine in Dezember ... hope vor XMAS gift 😎

?

?

Congratulation. Look great and good to hear that there are no quality issues. I'm assuming you got a 2023 Model S.
Are the USS equipped? Any special abvious change refresh/refresh 2022?

I'm in EU-Switzerland and according Tesla I will get mine in Dezember ... hope vor XMAS gift 😎
Mine is a 2022… built on 29Sep. The car does have USS. You should get a 2023…

Aaaaand they strike again. This company’s customer service is legit worthless.

View attachment 869463

I would consider yourself lucky if they reschedule. My SC has just been taking my car in the last few times when they are overbooked, and the car just sits there for a few days to a week before they even start working on it. I would much rather they reschedule the appointment rather than just keep the car sitting on the lot useless for days on end.

I would consider yourself lucky if they reschedule. My SC has just been taking my car in the last few times when they are overbooked, and the car just sits there for a few days to a week before they even start working on it. I would much rather they reschedule the appointment rather than just keep the car sitting on the lot useless for days on end.
Agreed, I guess it could be worse. But it could also be better. Why is there no accountability? Oh we’re too busy buying Twitter I forgot lol

• Funny
Reactions: n2mb_racing