Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after service the other day, there was a new noise. Somewhere on driver’s side. Between back of seat and foot well. Sounded like a metal fastener rolling around. Present on hard braking and acceleration. Never from side to side motion.

• Pumped the doors. Nothing.
  • Checked for loose panels. Nothing.
  • Checked under floor mats. Nothing.
  • Checked front of driver seat rails. Nothing.
  • Checked under driver seat. Nothing.
  • Checked back if driver seat rails. Ah ha!
Put some double sided tape on a long thin screw driver and picked it out from the track.

2989004A-F940-409A-AC43-B297E8BF7A33.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc and aerodyne
True, but didn’t we expect a free retrofit, given they advertised it in a 2021 when taking our money? Not only did we not get what was advertised for free, but we didn’t get it at all! You can give me that one now, right? 👍🏻
To be a stickler, no. Unless you mean you placed your deposit expecting a tilt screen. Don’t understand why it can’t be added unless the harness is missing it though.

The big one for me is the 200 unlock. Proper wheels available in the fall was the only note well after delivery. To add a $20,000 price tag to it after the fact isn’t reasonable. Can’t imagine how they’ll wrangle out of that.

Reactions: Nickos
To be a stickler, no. Unless you mean you placed your deposit expecting a tilt screen. Don’t understand why it can’t be added unless the harness is missing it though.

The big one for me is the 200 unlock. Proper wheels available in the fall was the only note well after delivery. To add a $20,000 price tag to it after the fact isn’t reasonable. Can’t imagine how they’ll wrangle out of that.
Probably a small group of folks that really are going to use that feature....so pushback might be limited.

One could argue that the lack of this promised feature diminishes the value of all Plaids, and every owner is affected by that.

Not one to suggest legal action, but there has to be a way to get this in the spotlight, along with other missing features.

At some point demand for MS and MX will suffer, Tesla could lower prices again, or they could spend some money and make us whole, and increase the value of future builds.

Easy, they just ignore it. Small number of people interested in that, more interested in the tilt screen and they are ignoring that as well.

So after service the other day, there was a new noise. Somewhere on driver’s side. Between back of seat and foot well. Sounded like a metal fastener rolling around. Present on hard braking and acceleration. Never from side to side motion.

• Pumped the doors. Nothing.
  • Checked for loose panels. Nothing.
  • Checked under floor mats. Nothing.
  • Checked front of driver seat rails. Nothing.
  • Checked under driver seat. Nothing.
  • Checked back if driver seat rails. Ah ha!
Put some double sided tape on a long thin screw driver and picked it out from the track.

View attachment 906963

Weird. I found the same ball bearing after I took delivery of my 2022 MS LR. It was loose on the carpet behind the passenger seat.

Factory presents! Found this under the back seat floor mat. I also hear a rolling sound when I accelerate and slow down, so I am assuming this is missing from something in the car. Is this a bearing from the front seat track?

View attachment 788331

What does the tilt screen give you in usability? Seriously, I've sat in one in service and I really don't get it. What does it do, change the viewing angle from 30° to 25°?

It's two fold- one is more driver centric environment like the slanted dash on E36/E46/E39 BMWs, the other is potential to allow passenger to watch media if cleared by the DOT (not saying that it's safe)

But yeah, the tilt while nice is not a big deal and probably matterless to a good number of folks.

It's two fold- one is more driver centric environment like the slanted dash on E36/E46/E39 BMWs, the other is potential to allow passenger to watch media if cleared by the DOT (not saying that it's safe)

But yeah, the tilt while nice is not a big deal and probably matterless to a good number of folks.
Maybe Ceelo would appreciate it?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
What does the tilt screen give you in usability? Seriously, I've sat in one in service and I really don't get it. What does it do, change the viewing angle from 30° to 25°?
It does, as @jebinc suggest, make things much more natural. Not sure the exact numbers in degrees, but going back to having it centered feels wrong after you’ve had it swiveled toward you. Really wrong, even.

Reactions: jebinc