Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my plaid in for a list of issues. Awaiting an update for what was fixed. It doesn't appear anything was fixed besides a slow leak in one of the tires.
Good thing they took it for a "test" drive. I'm sure driving 99MPH must be part of Tesla's diagnostics for a slow air leak in a tire. 👿

Update: It was a test drive regarding the DIRER A103 Right and Left Rear Motor power may be limited when put in drag strip mode. (I had texted them the same day that I had read multiple reports that it's a firmware issue that should addressed in an upcoming 2021.40)
Still, I'm not certain customer cars should really be taken up to 99MPH on public roads.

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Just had my plaid in for a list of issues. Awaiting an update for what was fixed. It doesn't appear anything was fixed besides a slow leak in one of the tires.
Good thing they took it for a "test" drive. I'm sure driving 99MPH must be part of Tesla's diagnostics for a slow air leak in a tire. 👿

Update: It was a test drive regarding the DIRER A103 Right and Left Rear Motor power may be limited when put in drag strip mode. (I had texted them the same day that I had read multiple reports that it's a firmware issue that should addressed in an upcoming 2021.40)
Still, I'm not certain customer cars should really be taken up to 99MPH on public roads.
If you can believe this !!! - I found what they did during their little joy ride! Totally scratched my bumper, and not only that they put PPF back over it!!? And not just a little scratch. It's deep and I even had gravel pieces pushed under some of the other side of the bottom plastic.
I'm glad I have TeslaFi as it recorded the drive. I'm still in shock, and still perplexed as to why they put PPF over it. I had a full PPF body wrap, and now I have some *sugar* job of PPF film they tried putting over this.
I'm ****ing fuming...

For anyone in the Seattle area, this is the Renton SC.
I picked it up after hours and it was dark, as well as not thinking I should check for body damage! Today I went out to video another issue I have with the car as soon as I got it back, and noticed the gravel pushed up under some of the bottom plastic under the bumper, took a look at the other side and *sugar* my pants!!!

Update: The USB drive drive appears to be formatted right after they drove it. I will attempt recovery but since it's a small drive and so many files have been written on it since then, I don't have a whole lot of hope.

Attachments

• IMG_20211117_180059.jpg
    IMG_20211117_180059.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20211117_180305.jpg
    IMG_20211117_180305.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20211117_180727.jpg
    IMG_20211117_180727.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20211117_180740.jpg
    IMG_20211117_180740.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20211117_180811.jpg
    IMG_20211117_180811.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20211117_181444.jpg
    IMG_20211117_181444.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20211116-155136.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-155136.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
If you can believe this !!! - I found what they did during their little joy ride! Totally scratched my bumper, and not only that they put PPF back over it!!? And not just a little scratch. It's deep and I even had gravel pieces pushed under some of the other side of the bottom plastic.
I'm glad I have TeslaFi as it recorded the drive. I'm still in shock, and still perplexed as to why they put PPF over it. I had a full PPF body wrap, and now I have some *sugar* job of PPF film they tried putting over this.
I'm ****ing fuming...

I picked it up after hours and it was dark, as well as not thinking I should check for body damage! Today I went out to video another issue I have with the car as soon as I got it back, and noticed the gravel pushed up under some of the bottom plastic under the bumper, took a look at the other side and *sugar* my pants!!!

Update: The USB drive drive appears to be formatted right after they drove it. I will attempt recovery but since it's a small drive and so many files have been written on it since then, I don't have a whole lot of hope.
Ugh, just... ugh. No doubt there will be angry phone calls tomorrow to them. Just... ugh.

Reactions: GroovaEV and jebinc
I'm ****ing fuming...

@GroovaEV Oh my…. What was/is the outcome? What happened when you shared the proof? I was just at Renton and the experience was horrific. Vibration not fixed and already told them the car is going to Bellevue, which it is already scheduled for 11/30.

Edit: I too tracked the joy rides, using self-hosted TeslaMate. I was pissed then, and even more now!

@GroovaEV Oh my…. What was/is the outcome? What happened when you shared the proof? I was just at Renton and the experience was horrific. Vibration not fixed and already told them the car is going to Bellevue, which it is already scheduled for 11/30.

Edit: I too tracked the joy rides, using self-hosted TeslaMate. I was pissed then, and even more now!
I found after hours. I can't wait until tomorrow.
There are other reports of joy rides.
I think I might of mentioned even on my visit before this, they couldn't explain why it was leaving with around 20 miles more than arrived. This was months ago when there weren't as many Plaids. Hmmm.....

I'm ****ing fuming...

Wow, that's terrible! Reminding me why to always take pictures before dropping the car off. Maybe add another hidden dash cam? *sugar*.

Reactions: aerodyne
I found after hours. I can't wait until tomorrow.
There are other reports of joy rides.
I think I might of mentioned even on my visit before this, they couldn't explain why it was leaving with around 20 miles more than arrived. This was months ago when there weren't as many Plaids. Hmmm.....
@GroovaEV

Please keep us all current on this issue and how Renton responds.

Reactions: WilliamG
I'm ****ing fuming...

Wow. That’s completely absurd.

I'm ****ing fuming...

11/18 Update: I received a call this morning from the Tesla NW manager. He assured me that this is not what Tesla is about and that it will be taking care of ASAP.
My car is now at the Seattle SODO location. This place is amazing. 100% different than Renton! If you have the choice, this would be the place to go! It's not even like it's the same company!
I will follow up with updates. So far it seems they are doing everything they can to resolve it quickly.

Reactions: impastu and cwanja
11/18 Update: I received a call this morning from the Tesla NW manager. He assured me that this is not what Tesla is about and that it will be taking care of ASAP.
My car is now at the Seattle SODO location. This place is amazing. 100% different than Renton! If you have the choice, this would be the place to go! It's not even like it's the same company!
I will follow up with updates. So far it seems they are doing everything they can to resolve it quickly.
Did they agree to repair the damage and deal with the perp/perps,, @GroovaEV ?

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and cwanja

@GroovaEV Inquiring minds want to know why the lack of updates, after pulling the fire alarm?

Reactions: impastu
@GroovaEV Inquiring minds want to know why the lack of updates, after pulling the fire alarm?
I apologize for the delay and providing updates. I had posted what happened in multiple places and between a job, receiving the a new Y and getting it taken care of and this, it's been a busy week. If interested, the North West Tesla Group on Facebook(yeah, I know facebook...) thread kinda of blew up https://m.facebook.com/groups/nwteslaowners/permalink/5180139375346364
Lot's of other negative reports of Renton though.

Quick ramble of the current status:
Basically where I'm at is that I'm told it will get taken care of and it's currently at the Seattle SODO location being worked on. (Estimated pickup date is this Weds) They will be replacing the bumper as well as fixing all the issues that Renton never fixed, as well as caused.
Seattle SODO looked top notice in quality and the person I spoke with seemed very receptive. (I do have hesitations that they are just telling me what I want to hear, and I have reasons to believe that, but I really hope I'm wrong)

I received a call from the service manger of Renton (I believe that's his title, but my cellular connection at the time was horrible) and he apologized and had told me that the person responsible has been identified and will be fired.
Personally I don't believe it can only be one person and since my post, I've heard numerous reports of terrible serious and "mystery" miles put on their cars.
That shop is so small that there is no way that others can't be aware of what's going on.

I do have hopes that everything will be resolved in the end. I also hope that Tesla goes above and beyond to show what kind of company they are (in positive way).
In the end, hopefully Tesla can provide better service (at least shut down or completely change Renton) as my wife and I have been big Tesla fans ever since our first Model 3. For a non-car person, she can't stop from talking about how much she loves Tesla.
When I first got my Model 3, I signed up to Lyft and Uber, just so I could drive it more and give others the experience of being in a Tesla. I've "made" many of neighbors at least give our a quick drive. (Especially the Plaid ;) ) I do quite enjoy making grown men giggle like school girls. 🤣

What I'm trying to say is that having that much passion for something and then to have Renton treat people's cars like that is so infuriating.
I can't wait to update the status of all this to how much Tesla went above and beyond!!

Oh and I recovered the USB drive files. So far, I have files leading up to probably where they put it in service mode and then about 10 minutes after the drive. I should have time this weekend to go through all of the videos though.

Side note: I've changed our first Model Y SC appointment (cosmetic/alignment issues)to this Monday at the Seattle SODO location. I'll check in on how my S is doing.