Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Respectfully. Working on your problem for two weeks isn’t exactly giving you a default,”In spec, please drive through “
@lbowroom No it’s not. I wasn’t siding with the “in spec” group. My point was I received a lot of labor and parts over that period, BEFORE they provided that disposition. They probably preferred that than this, “We don’t know what’s wrong, and if we did, we don’t know how to fix it yet”.

That’s too bad. Do you still think they were wrong?
To a certain extent on some things but when they started saying that on everything (warped windows, misaligned doors, driver side handle that was recessed too far in partially blocking the LED, yoke rub when slow turning, rocker panel gaps), it got a bit unbelievable. At one point the SA was trying to convince me that he's never seen a trunk side lower cover on new Model S's and I had to convince him that it was missing along with the privacy screen and lower trunk cover.

In any event, I changed to a different service center so hopefully it'll be an improvement.

Do your door handles stick out enough for the puddle lights to work? They only seem to stick out enough on one or two of my doors. On the others, unless I pull the handle, the LEDs are blocked. Is that adjustable somehow?
This video highlights the evolution of the newer door handle. There is a newer solid state sensor that replaced the previous microswitches; this would lead me to believe that adjustment could be done either at that level or just loosening the set screw that limits travel internally of the handle.

I'd potentially rather live with this though if it involves having to take apart my door just to adjust the travel...so many other things may break or not be put back properly leading to more rattles.

This video highlights the evolution of the newer door handle. There is a newer solid state sensor that replaced the previous microswitches; this would lead me to believe that adjustment could be done either at that level or just loosening the set screw that limits travel internally of the handle.

I'd potentially rather live with this though if it involves having to take apart my door just to adjust the travel...so many other things may break or not be put back properly leading to more rattles.

Yeah, I've seen that video. Seems like a good point. I wasn't planning on taking apart the doors. I was going to have service do it. But, I can see it being more of an issue if they don't disassemble / reassemble the doors properly.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
A query... Sometimes when I come off the line while turning I hear what sounds like a marble rolling around in the right front. I first suspected something suspension related, but I'm not really sure. I don't feel anything and it doesn't seem to correlate directly. Could it be HVAC or heat pump related? I could convince myself it's a gurgling sound.

Reactions: impastu
A query... Sometimes when I come off the line while turning I hear what sounds like a marble rolling around in the right front. I first suspected something suspension related, but I'm not really sure. I don't feel anything and it doesn't seem to correlate directly. Could it be HVAC or heat pump related? I could convince myself it's a gurgling sound.
Haven't heard that. Probably a loose screw or part rolling around in the HVAC system.

@lbowroom Not noticing that, yet….

Very, very informative.

Anyone know what the refresh VIN start point was? I like his ‘wait for 10k builds’ suggestion! :)

Very, very informative.

Anyone know what the refresh VIN start point was? I like his ‘wait for 10k builds’ suggestion! :)

The Model S Refresh/Plaid delivery tracking spreadsheet probably has the numbers. Can't seem to find it at the moment. My recollection is 430k-ish VIN? Aside from the first 10k VINs, you probably more have to account for End of Q pushes as well. That is when I took my delivery.

Man i was hoping these latest firmware updates would have fixed my A/C heat problem. But nope. I had the car a week, dropped it off to get all it's fancy done. Pick it up on Monday, then drop it off at Tesla Tuesday am...

If Tesla determines they need parts or whatever. I can take it back from them and return when they get the parts yea? I can deal without heat and AC as the seats are doing the job for now.