Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man i was hoping these latest firmware updates would have fixed my A/C heat problem. But nope. I had the car a week, dropped it off to get all it's fancy done. Pick it up on Monday, then drop it off at Tesla Tuesday am...

If Tesla determines they need parts or whatever. I can take it back from them and return when they get the parts yea? I can deal without heat and AC as the seats are doing the job for now.
You should be able to keep it while waiting for parts.

You should be able to keep it while waiting for parts.
I'm also waiting for parts so they fixed what they could and let me drive it home. They'll supposedly let me know this century when the parts will come in.

Today I learned from Tesla there is 'seam sealant' between the tail light and body which may appear to be cracks but are actually not.

IMG_3253.jpg

A query... Sometimes when I come off the line while turning I hear what sounds like a marble rolling around in the right front. I first suspected something suspension related, but I'm not really sure. I don't feel anything and it doesn't seem to correlate directly. Could it be HVAC or heat pump related? I could convince myself it's a gurgling sound.
I have something similar in my 2017 S. I haven't been able to figure out exactly where it is coming from, sometimes it stops for a while, I assume because whatever is rolling around got lodged somewhere.

Well, fool me twice, shame on me. I trusted them to fix stuff after delivery. I should have just rejected the car.

I dropped off my car, thinking they would address all the items I noted at delivery. They said the scratches in my paint are due to environmental damage and that they removed a "significant amount of hay" from the undercarriage and that I have been off-roading. Wow, that's a bold-faced lie. I've only owned the car for a month and I baby it for sure. It's never been off road.

It looks like they didn't replace my yoke. It had the "vein" and buzzing sound.
They didn't fix the loose driver's side mirror.
They didn't fix the passenger side door being difficult to close.
They didn't replicate the vibration at 42 mph.
They didn't replicate the rear-view mirror hooting sound.
They refused to fix the door handles not protruding far enough for some of the puddle lights to work.

It looks like they installed my license plate frame and left rear trunk piece. Woo...

Well, fool me twice, shame on me. I trusted them to fix stuff after delivery. I should have just rejected the car.

I dropped off my car, thinking they would address all the items I noted at delivery. They said the scratches in my paint are due to environmental damage and that they removed a "significant amount of hay" from the undercarriage and that I have been off-roading. Wow, that's a bold-faced lie. I've only owned the car for a month and I baby it for sure. It's never been off road.

It looks like they didn't replace my yoke. It had the "vein" and buzzing sound.
They didn't fix the loose driver's side mirror.
They didn't fix the passenger side door being difficult to close.
They didn't replicate the vibration at 42 mph.
They didn't replicate the rear-view mirror hooting sound.
They refused to fix the door handles not protruding far enough for some of the puddle lights to work.

It looks like they installed my license plate frame and left rear trunk piece. Woo...
So sad. Find a different SC?

Reactions: impastu
Update after speaking with the techs and service manager at Raleigh. They are trying to address everything. They know about the vibration but don't have a fix. The plaid demo car here also has the yoke buzz and the rear view mirror hooting, so I don't think there's an easy fix for those issues.

Reactions: impastu
What’s it in for, again?
Front Passenger fog light was fogged
Scratches on rear driver door handle
Climate control fault (no heat or air)
Alignment

Gorilla glue ended up setting overnight nice and strong and I didn't have to have them replace the driver side camera.

All issues were reported and photographed before 100 miles on the car and first two days of ownership.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Update after speaking with the techs and service manager at Raleigh. They are trying to address everything. They know about the vibration but don't have a fix. The plaid demo car here also has the yoke buzz and the rear view mirror hooting, so I don't think there's an easy fix for those issues.
So they didn’t say, “in spec, pound sand””

So they didn’t say, “in spec, pound sand””
Well... I guess mostly that's what they said. They buffed out some of the scratches in my door panels from delivery and told me where to take it to get the wheel arches painted where it is missing paint.

They couldn't replicate the vibration. They haven't experienced the plaid vibration yet, they were looking for the old model S driveshaft vibration. They basically said bring it back when it gets worse.

They said the yoke "vein" is normal and the TSB only states replace if it is raised by a certain number of mm. Great. :-(
They couldn't do anything about the yoke buzzing or the rear-view mirror hooting.

They believe the issue with the passenger front door being difficult to close is due to a bad seal/gasket. They scheduled another appt in January to replace that seal, because they didn't have any of them.

So, basically, they did nothing. Somehow I feel better about it? I checked out their demo Plaid and it had all the same issues.