Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... I guess mostly that's what they said. They buffed out some of the scratches in my door panels from delivery and told me where to take it to get the wheel arches painted where it is missing paint.

They couldn't replicate the vibration. They haven't experienced the plaid vibration yet, they were looking for the old model S driveshaft vibration. They basically said bring it back when it gets worse.

They said the yoke "vein" is normal and the TSB only states replace if it is raised by a certain number of mm. Great. :-(
They couldn't do anything about the yoke buzzing or the rear-view mirror hooting.

They believe the issue with the passenger front door being difficult to close is due to a bad seal/gasket. They scheduled another appt in January to replace that seal, because they didn't have any of them.

So, basically, they did nothing. Somehow I feel better about it? I checked out their demo Plaid and it had all the same issues.
Sounds like they acknowledged a majority of the issues and have fixes pending. Just because they have no solution for them currently is a different result than, no, this is the way it should be.

The checklist in this thread was very helpful. I wrote a detailed post in the delivery thread, but my car (built 12/17 NF463) seems pretty solid. I didn't find any major issues.
That's good. Does your yoke make a buzzing sound while driving? Listen on the left side, near the headlight button. It will start buzzing after any button push and then continue buzzing for the rest of the drive.

Reactions: impastu
Do not know if I ever posted this in this thread or not. But - at delivery, was missing the parcel shelf and trunk floor cover. After about 25 miles, noticed a misalignment.

After detailing (dropped it off with 47 miles, so I finally had more time with it), I noticed the B pillar gasket was sagging, the rear seat rattle, frunk liner is higher on driver side and does not tuck under the front panel and the rear bumper at the lip / trunk has a dent (noted after wrapping). The latter could have been PDR-ed if I found it before detail, but with PPF I am not going to worry about it.

Took it to Tesla this week to get the alignment and missing pieces, had them note the rest. If I ever feel like it, I will ask them to fix it.

Do not know if I ever posted this in this thread or not. But - at delivery, was missing the parcel shelf and trunk floor cover. After about 25 miles, noticed a misalignment.

After detailing (dropped it off with 47 miles, so I finally had more time with it), I noticed the B pillar gasket was sagging, the rear seat rattle, frunk liner is higher on driver side and does not tuck under the front panel and the rear bumper at the lip / trunk has a dent (noted after wrapping). The latter could have been PDR-ed if I found it before detail, but with PPF I am not going to worry about it.

Took it to Tesla this week to get the alignment and missing pieces, had them note the rest. If I ever feel like it, I will ask them to fix it.
Was / is there a fix for the frunk liner peeking up through the hood / panel gap?

At least they installed my missing license plate frame.... Perfect! 😂

1640282013483.png

That's good. Does your yoke make a buzzing sound while driving? Listen on the left side, near the headlight button. It will start buzzing after any button push and then continue buzzing for the rest of the drive.
Yes. It started yesterday (or at least that is when I noticed it). I have a service appointment to deal with the issues that I found the day after delivery that I hadn't noticed, but I might try to reschedule it. I am not sure my issues warrant the risk of having service mess with the car. Here is the issue list:

• Buzz in left button panel of yoke
  • Odd whirring sound on passenger side when HVAC is on (the cooing)
  • Rear window distortion at bottom
  • Distortion near the back of rear passenger glass
  • Console light behaves opposite of expectation
  • Tiny flaw inside right rear taillight (I don't expect this to get fixed)
Again, none of these are major and I am not sure it even makes sense to have them mess with it. Maybe I wait and hope there are part revisions that address the issues and deal with it later.

Unfortunately, I have all of these, and the demo plaid on the lot had them as well, so I don't think there's going to be any fix yet.
I'm not sure what these are, haven't found them yet.
This you might get fixed, if it isn't on all the cars:

Reactions: Mister and impastu
Unfortunately, I have all of these, and the demo plaid on the lot had them as well, so I don't think there's going to be any fix yet.
I'm not sure what these are, haven't found them yet.
This you might get fixed, if it isn't on all the cars:
This thread covers the console light issue: Plaid center console light turns off when fully opened?
For the passenger glass, if I turn and look through the rear door glass the back 20% or so is really distorted. I am inclined to let this one go, but we will see.

I schedule a service appointment for 12/29, they just moved it to 1/12, which is fine with me.

For the passenger glass, if I turn and look through the rear door glass the back 20% or so is really distorted. I am inclined to let this one go, but we will see.
I had this exact thing they would not replace the glass on mine. Might be the same in a lot of vehicles, most owners may not really notice. Part of my windshield is slightly distorted but you have to really look for it and its on the lower bottom of the windshield.

Got a call the day after I dropped off. Car is ready...
Arrive... Car is not ready. Nor fixed. Nor even put back together. Was told we're understaffed and you need to take it to Kennesaw. Was going to just say eh, I'll deal with this after Xmas. I get in start driving. Car is rattling. Get to my office to find all the frunk is in the trunk. So off to Kennesaw I go, totally expecting to be told sorry, you don't have an appt. To my surprise (I think they could see I was about to go nuclear on them) they took it. Diagnosed the same day. Unfortunately, the AC system has a leak and the AC box has to be replaced. Needless to say. I'm super pissed about this whole experience. Tesla did give me a 2015 MS 75D that was absolutely gross inside. Has ancient software on it. And phantom breaks in FSD. FML right now.

At least I'm going to Mexico next week. Hopefully it'll be done like they say by the 31st. So I can at least enjoy it before I have to make my first payment.
Screenshot_20211224-173941.png

Arrive... Car is not ready. Nor fixed. Nor even put back together. Was told we're understaffed and you need to take it to Kennesaw. Was going to just say eh, I'll deal with this after Xmas. I get in start driving. Car is rattling. Get to my office to find all the frunk is in the trunk. So off to Kennesaw I go, totally expecting to be told sorry, you don't have an appt. To my surprise (I think they could see I was about to go nuclear on them) they took it. Diagnosed the same day. Unfortunately, the AC system has a leak and the AC box has to be replaced. Needless to say. I'm super pissed about this whole experience. Tesla did give me a 2015 MS 75D that was absolutely gross inside. Has ancient software on it. And phantom breaks in FSD. FML right now.

At least I'm going to Mexico next week. Hopefully it'll be done like they say by the 31st. So I can at least enjoy it before I have to make my first payment. View attachment 748105
Sorry to read this. Try to forget about it for the holidays. 🎄

At least I'm going to Mexico next week. Hopefully it'll be done like they say by the 31st. So I can at least enjoy it before I have to make my first payment. View attachment 748105

Posts like this reinforce the need for an ANGER reaction emoji on this site.