Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up on 12/22. is it fair to say that I have no option to return for a refund at this point since I accepted delivery and the car is 6 days old and 285 miles on it? I could reach out to the sales advisor but I'm thinking that may go nowhere. I'm more concerned about the repaint for the dust nib. That's not a good thing on a new car and could make the situation worse than it is now.
I don’t

Reactions: jebinc
I picked up on 12/22. is it fair to say that I have no option to return for a refund at this point since I accepted delivery and the car is 6 days old and 285 miles on it? I could reach out to the sales advisor but I'm thinking that may go nowhere. I'm more concerned about the repaint for the dust nib. That's not a good thing on a new car and could make the situation worse than it is now.
I don’t see you getting a refund. Wish you could, though.

Got my new plaid last week. Here are all the quality issues I noticed so far.

Basically wide gaps on trims, and the rubber seal on driver window has a bump.

I scheduled a service with Tesla early Jan.

Are these fixable? If yes, how long would it take to fix these?

1640844896549.png
1640844914223.png
1640844940172.png

What's a dust nib?

Reactions: doubleshot
Got my new plaid last week. Here are all the quality issues I noticed so far.

Basically wide gaps on trims, and the rubber seal on driver window has a bump.

I scheduled a service with Tesla early Jan.

Are these fixable? If yes, how long would it take to fix these?
For the first two pictures, I had the same issue on mine. They would not fix. Said within tesla spec. If you get yours fixed, I'd be interested why tesla standards can vary between SCs and I'd press them again for it.

For the first two pictures, I had the same issue on mine. They would not fix. Said within tesla spec. If you get yours fixed, I'd be interested why tesla standards can vary between SCs and I'd press them again for it.
That’s disappointing. I remember there are many YouTube videos saying they will fix issues like that…

About the 3rd picture, so you know if they can fix it on-site or I will have to leave the car there for a few days?

Reactions: impastu
I picked up my car(2022 LR, white seats, FSD) on 12/22 and noticed the following after taking it to my detailer for inspection:
  • Fog lamps not clear
  • Passenger door does not easily close
  • Passenger door gap, misalignment
  • Drivers door handle protruding slightly after close
  • Passenger rear door rubber moulding damage
  • Dust nib passenger rear side
  • Passenger upper front fender shows gap and is loose
  • Frunk requires excessive force to latch close
  • Right interior rear door inside is bumpy
  • Frunk hood uneven gaps, rubber seals
  • Front hood scratches
The only item of concern is the dust NIB which will require repaint of that panel and adjacent panel to correct. I want to get PPF and ceramic coating so probably need to get this done but somewhat nervous and hope it works out.

Service is scheduled for 1/27 and will take 7-10 days..
I noticed the passenger
I picked up my car(2022 LR, white seats, FSD) on 12/22 and noticed the following after taking it to my detailer for inspection:
  • Fog lamps not clear
  • Passenger door does not easily close
  • Passenger door gap, misalignment
  • Drivers door handle protruding slightly after close
  • Passenger rear door rubber moulding damage
  • Dust nib passenger rear side
  • Passenger upper front fender shows gap and is loose
  • Frunk requires excessive force to latch close
  • Right interior rear door inside is bumpy
  • Frunk hood uneven gaps, rubber seals
  • Front hood scratches
The only item of concern is the dust NIB which will require repaint of that panel and adjacent panel to correct. I want to get PPF and ceramic coating so probably need to get this done but somewhat nervous and hope it works out.

Service is scheduled for 1/27 and will take 7-10 days..
On your frunk issue just turn the rubber bump stops at the edge of the hood clockwise to shorten them and that should help. My PPF guy popped the frunk and when I picked the car up we couldn’t get it closed no matter how much force we used and then we shortened the bump stops and it did the trick. Not sure how they closed the hood when they assembled it because there was no way it was closing before we adjusted it.

• Informative
That’s disappointing. I remember there are many YouTube videos saying they will fix issues like that…

About the 3rd picture, so you know if they can fix it on-site or I will have to leave the car there for a few days?
I don't see that being an item that will take days. They should be able to take care of that either via mobile service or very quickly at the SC.

Anyone get a recall notification for either of these for their plaid? I haven't... Our Model 3 came up for the camera recall.

As one of my inaugural issues with my new S in June, I would get a frunk malfunction alert even though the frunk was definitely secure. Wonder if that is what this was about. They replaced the latched and all has been better since. So it looks as if they already did my recall back in July.

Anyone get a recall notification for either of these for their plaid? I haven't... Our Model 3 came up for the camera recall.

I only received the driver’s airbag recall notice.

No notice , but looked up my VIN for my 2021 S Plaid and it had the airbag issue.
A mobile tech was out to replace it yesterday and probably took less than 10mins total. 👍

Reactions: impastu and jebinc