Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get a recall notification for either of these for their plaid? I haven't... Our Model 3 came up for the camera recall.

One of the other sites said the recall notice for the frunk would be a couple months.

Reactions: impastu
Anyone have any luck emailing ownership loyalty or anything like that to get things expedited? I know some of y'all have had long service visits. Getting very frustrated again with this whole thing lol. Any way I can tell em take this one back and gimmie a 2022?

Screenshot_20220103-100622.png

Is anyone else experiencing excess cold air coming into the cabin from the doors? While driving on the highway last night, it was apparent that there was a lot of cold air coming into the cabin making my leg next to the door much colder than rest of my body. My wife was first to point this out, and sure enough I could feel some cold air by the door well where it should be insulated. Never experienced this in my M3 or wife's MY. Very disappointed, made a service appointment, but curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Is anyone else experiencing excess cold air coming into the cabin from the doors? While driving on the highway last night, it was apparent that there was a lot of cold air coming into the cabin making my leg next to the door much colder than rest of my body. My wife was first to point this out, and sure enough I could feel some cold air by the door well where it should be insulated. Never experienced this in my M3 or wife's MY. Very disappointed, made a service appointment, but curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

I've been experiencing this intermittently, but not consistently. I did a little testing and noted that when I forced the cabin to cool off (i.e. by having it first reach a target temp, them lowering that temp by 1-2 degrees) the car seems to dumps cold air into the footwells.

...I'm not 100% sure this is what's happening, but since I'm not experiencing this all time, and since I was able to seemingly trigger it, I *think* this is what's happening. More testing required.

EDIT: Also -- since setting and leaving the car at 72F for the last few days (when it's been in the 40s and 50s), I've not gotten any cold feet during 80% surface streets + 20% highway driving.

Anyone have any luck emailing ownership loyalty or anything like that to get things expedited? I know some of y'all have had long service visits. Getting very frustrated again with this whole thing lol. Any way I can tell em take this one back and gimmie a 2022?

View attachment 751411
Suggest you start documenting service and operational history to support lemon law buyback process. Check what the law is for GA.

View attachment 751411
@doubleshot I missed it somehow. Please point me to the post the describes your car’s issues and reason for buy back? Mine is a PoS as well, and my buyback request was denied after three weeks of mental masterbation on Tesla’s part.

@WilliamG

I have an appt to address post-purchase issues at the fremont delivery hub in Fremont. Tesla has agreed to correct the dust nib issue found during inspection post delivery. this will involve repainting a panel. does anyone have any experience with Tesla body shops and in particular fremont doing the work? I'm nervous about what level of quality that I may get from Tesla. My detailer(OC detailing) recommended another Tesla authorized 3rd party body shop and I was thinking that I should push to get approval for then to do the work instead. any thoughts from the community? Am I overthinking this concern about Tesla doing an acceptable job? The entire post delivery inspection problems are something new to me. This is my 3rd Tesla and all previous model 3 and S were perfect and I never had a single issue until this one..

Attachments

• IMG_1702.jpeg
    IMG_1702.jpeg
    604 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1701.jpeg
    IMG_1701.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 107
I have an appt to address post-purchase issues at the fremont delivery hub in Fremont. Tesla has agreed to correct the dust nib issue found during inspection post delivery. this will involve repainting a panel. does anyone have any experience with Tesla body shops and in particular fremont doing the work? I'm nervous about what level of quality that I may get from Tesla. My detailer(OC detailing) recommended another Tesla authorized 3rd party body shop and I was thinking that I should push to get approval for then to do the work instead. any thoughts from the community? Am I overthinking this concern about Tesla doing an acceptable job? The entire post delivery inspection problems are something new to me. This is my 3rd Tesla and all previous model 3 and S were perfect and I never had a single issue until this one..
in retrospect, I should have never accepted an earlier delivery date as this car may have become available earlier because of a prior rejection and Tesla was trying to push as many cars out the door to meet year end sales figures..