Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? What build date and vin? Try listening really closely, after turning on and off the turn signals. Put your ear up to the headlight button on the yoke.

Maybe they have fixed it in later cars?? That would be good news.

Checked again, it does make a buzzing noise but would have never noticed it until you mentioned it. I would assume they will fix the light issues with an update.

I’m reposting this as it’s the more appropriate thread but I had some interior issues at delivery unfortunately.

Well I got my model s on Tuesday. I have already put about 150 miles on it. Overall the car is incredible. The exterior of the car was perfect but the interior had quite a few small issues.

1. Both front seats had loose material on the back rest.
2. Dust/debris was in between the plastic and actual display on the drivers display. Which cannot be cleaned obviously.
3. Super annoying tick/rattle coming from what seems the a pillar or the head liner. Can’t figure out where it’s coming from might be behind the cover as I cannot place my hand on it to stop the noise anywhere in the area here is a link to the noise (sorry for the rustling) you can hear my coat a bit
4. There is adhesive looking stuff on both the rear door cars that won’t come off.
5. The windshield has marks/haze on it that are visible when the wipers pass (like a forged window) that won’t wipe off even with rubbing alcohol.

I want to be excited for this car but it’s difficult to look past all these issues for now. I’m pretty anxious to have the service center work on it. With my luck dealers usually damage stuff making the overall situation worse than the issue I brought it in for. I also am anticipating the it’s “within spec” comments or can’t find the rattle etc.

I wanted to give everyone an update on these issues. Car went into service yesterday with the following done based on the issues:

1. They removed the seats and re-fit the backrest material. Issues solved.
2. They were able to remove most of the debris but not all of it - they are taking the display out of the car to try and remove more (TBD)
3. They identified the rattle and added insulation to the headliner to fix it (confirmed fixed)
4. They are replacing both rear door cards I'm guessing it was adhesive from manufacturing and can't be cleaned off.
5. Came off with glass polish (adams glass polish used)

So they have taken care of everything with the only outstanding item the debris in the display. I am pretty happy with how willing and quickly they are fixing the delivery issues!

I wanted to give everyone an update on these issues. Car went into service yesterday with the following done based on the issues:

1. They removed the seats and re-fit the backrest material. Issues solved.
2. They were able to remove most of the debris but not all of it - they are taking the display out of the car to try and remove more (TBD)
3. They identified the rattle and added insulation to the headliner to fix it (confirmed fixed)
4. They are replacing both rear door cards I'm guessing it was adhesive from manufacturing and can't be cleaned off.
5. Came off with glass polish (adams glass polish used)

So they have taken care of everything with the only outstanding item the debris in the display. I am pretty happy with how willing and quickly they are fixing the delivery issues!
Did your vehicle come with the Trunk Parcel Shelves and Privacy Cover or did they provide it at service?

Home delivery of Plaid Monday Feb 7 2022

Guys who dropped the car off were clueless. I asked about that, and they said they were hired to be safe drivers, not technical people.

1) no lower cover for trunk
2) driver door window molding bad / window not adjusted right, has wind noise
3) driver door not aligning with fender and hard to close
4) passenger door window not adjusted right, may be molding issue, but looks OK to me
5) Homelink refuses to program, says it is but never works, spent hours on this one and I have experience from my P100D. Have programmed the P100D a few times with some problems, but never failed.
6) rear seat center console latch loose. Does not rattle, but can pull console forward and back some - normal?

Question, does any one else's mirrors stay folded when backing up out of garage. Tried a few settings and she refuses to put them out unless I tell her to in car settings.

No shudders or vibration other than full throttle traction control.

Noticed my headlights DRL stay partially on when car is off.
Is this something that has been seen? Might wait it out to report it for a chance at the new headlights 😅

Attachments

• PXL_20220213_051553729.jpg
    PXL_20220213_051553729.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Ormond
Do the latest builds have the interior console light working correctly?
From what I can tell about new deliveries, no. But I am definitely not following all the delivery threads as closely.
Well this was my next tab open - so no, still messed up on a January build.

I received my Tesla model S PLAID on Feb. 7th 2022. Two days later my dash screen stopped working, just blank. I did the 2 thumb reset and it worked, screen is back. Next day it went out again, took to the dealer, tech could not find anything wrong, but will order a new screen and wiring harness. It's expected to be ready Feb 21st. 2022. My confidence is a little shaky at this point.