Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So found out two things today with the mobile tech.
1. Glovebox is not field replaceable
2. The motors exist for the tilting screen (he had the dash started to pull apart and was working on unhooking things, instructions told him to unplug the motor harness which he did)

So for the glovebox, they have to disassemble the entire dash to get it out. On top of it, when they repaired my HVAC system, they over torqued a screw and cracked a plastic piece on the end of the dash, not too bad though at least.

Interesting as well to know the motors are in there for the swivel/tilt screen functionality. Maybe @Tigers dream comes true? :)

So found out two things today with the mobile tech.
1. Glovebox is not field replaceable
2. The motors exist for the tilting screen (he had the dash started to pull apart and was working on unhooking things, instructions told him to unplug the motor harness which he did)

So for the glovebox, they have to disassemble the entire dash to get it out. On top of it, when they repaired my HVAC system, they over torqued a screw and cracked a plastic piece on the end of the dash, not too bad though at least.

Interesting as well to know the motors are in there for the swivel/tilt screen functionality. Maybe @Tigers dream comes true? :)
@Tigers exited stage left Today at 1:57 PM

But good information to find out!

So I've already submitted a service request but wanted to know if anyone has encountered this issue at all. My DRLs are partially on after car is off.

Posted it before but wanted to check. I'd say take a look to make sure this isn't happening to you also.

Attachments

• PXL_20220219_062405706.jpg
    PXL_20220219_062405706.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 329
  • Disagree
Reactions: Kare101 and glide
0142B66B-F170-45D6-B9A1-F12E8DA6D660.jpeg

Has anyone else had damage to the steering wheel? Feel like it's super easy to scratch, I believe it happened at the detail shop, but it's alarming how easily it happened and what appears to be such a thin layer. I'm going to setup a mobile tech visit, I'm hoping they'll consider this defective material, its really crazy considering cost of this vehicle...

View attachment 773435
Has anyone else had damage to the steering wheel? Feel like it's super easy to scratch, I believe it happened at the detail shop, but it's alarming how easily it happened and what appears to be such a thin layer. I'm going to setup a mobile tech visit, I'm hoping they'll consider this defective material, its really crazy considering cost of this vehicle...
What do you expect for $160k?! Yeah, some cheap materials used here and there, that’s for sure.

When I took delivery of my car, all down the edge of my rear passenger door was scraped up but I had the Tesla store touch it up as well as a couple other places before I took delivery which I previously provided pictures here. I have no idea how they managed to scratch that part of the door since it looks like it was dragged across the ground.

So today I washed my car and while wiping down the door jambs of the same door I found this little gem. I don’t even know how these dents would even happen in an area like this. I can only wonder what this door went through with these blemishes. Not a huge deal since it’s inside the door jamb but there is no way any other manufacturer that would let this get through quality control to be shipped to a dealer, especially a $130k+ car.

Attachments

• 11266CF4-615D-492D-BC0C-79782DAEAC6B.jpeg
    11266CF4-615D-492D-BC0C-79782DAEAC6B.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Informative
Reactions: koorosh
Errrrrrrrr this damn fing car is super pissing me off. Now my front driver door won't close. It closes. Then the handle goes in and out. Then poops back open. I wish I could post a video on here. This ish is nonsense.

Edit: Always love the extra stuff that comes along with requesting an appt.

Eh. Here's the video

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220310-234259.png
    Screenshot_20220310-234259.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Errrrrrrrr this damn fing car is super pissing me off. Now my front driver door won't close. It closes. Then the handle goes in and out. Then poops back open. I wish I could post a video on here. This ish is nonsense.

Eh. Here's the video
You got them auto-presenting doors.

Eh. Here's the video
That video is cool. Perhaps you have self-presenting door actuators from a Model X in the one door!

Eh. Here's the video
You are not alone. Mine pisses me off as well!

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
You are not alone. Mine pisses me off as well!
So annoying. So my door handle is temporarily disconnected now by service. They have to order a new door handle and wiring harness to resolve. Recalibration didn't work. So now I just have to crawl through my passenger door to open the driver door. Mobile service appt is for March 22. But I'm sure it'll get pushed back for the standard "parts haven't arrived yet" ... Takes all the fun outta this car for sure.