Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally accepted delivery but I went through a checklist before accepting it and found at least two dozen problems, on the first day of driving and I found some more problems so curious to see how they resolve them. No way they can resolve them all in the same service visit. They have to replace the front rear glass as well due to the distortion. Lots of issues for a 100k car it is inexcusable but this is Tesla in a nutshell
I hear lemon law. 30 days in the shop makes an easy claim. Drive it all you want and enjoy the car. Tesla really did this to themselves.

Reactions: af88
Tesla doesn't care as long as there's a demand they're going to keep pumping out shitty quality cars. Although I hear the 3 and Y have far fewer problems.

I believe someone did sue Tesla under the lemon law and they lost. This was a plaid owner that had the half shaft issue. I made sure to be able to have the service advisor test drive the car with me verifying it did not have it along with a hundred item checklist before I accepted.

Tesla doesn't care as long as there's a demand they're going to keep pumping out shitty quality cars. Although I hear the 3 and Y have far fewer problems.

I believe someone did sue Tesla under the lemon law and they lost. This was a plaid owner that had the half shaft issue. I made sure to be able to have the service advisor test drive the car with me verifying it did not have it along with a hundred item checklist before I accepted.
Model Y and 3 was more designed for mass production. They didn’t have that with the S and X in mind. It improved but still behind other more senior car designers.

Guys make sure your service center has the parts ordered or that they've arrived before going in for service. I've been screwed over twice now and on my third SCHEDULED appointment to have some parts replaced. Each time they just said the parts haven't arrived yet.

It's incredibly annoying that someone couldn't pick up the phone and call me the day before just so i wouldn't have to drive 3 hours over, sit in the show room for hours until they grab my car for service then tell me they can't do anything. Some incredible BS.

Also who's idea was it to swap to just hands free check-in for service appointment now? (This service center claims their working on getting rid of it or making it a secondary option)

Parts needing replacement:
Door sill had a dent in it
Rear glass distortion
Door handle paint defect on the inside (colored piece)
Center console light issue.

• Love
Reactions: af88 and cwanja
Has anyone noticed their DRL stay on while car is off?

Mine stays on for both headlights after a long time in the garage. My visit to the Service center came up short and was told it's a firmware issue that's being looked into. I spoke to another service advisor (seemed to be a manager), he checked and said there was no such thing and set up an appointment to have it looked into again.

Center console fix was rejected the first time around. The same advisor actually checked the parts catelog and agreed with me on the switches. He said it should be a no brainer to fix

I took delivery of my 22 S LR yesterday and so close to being perfect but I have three issues that I have to have fixed.

1) busted speaker above rear passenger
2) loose carpeting in hatch storage area
3) plastic piece rattles under screen after using the tilt feature. Stops after pushing up on it but if you tilt again it starts again.

Hopefully these will all be easy and quick fixes. I have a mobile appointment later this week.

I was expecting the delivery of my MS LR tomorrow. Then got a message at 6PM tonight that they discovered "an adjustment" that needs to be made on my car by a certified bodyshop so my delivery was postponed! What kind of issue would require an adjustment by bodyshop?

I was expecting the delivery of my MS LR tomorrow. Then got a message at 6PM tonight that they discovered "an adjustment" that needs to be made on my car by a certified bodyshop so my delivery was postponed! What kind of issue would require an adjustment by bodyshop?
The kind of issue that may incline you to drop that VIN but you best option is to ask them. If they can't come clean then you're better off with another car.

Picked up my model S today (my third Tesla). Pretty pissed, as this is the worst build quality I have experienced so far. Had a couple issues I wanted to post here to see if anyone else had similar. One is the rocker panel misalignment and if anyone has got theirs fixed, the second is this weird windshield/dash trim alignment where I can literally see into A pillar on the driver side.... Dont even get me started on how horribly the left side of my trunk is aligned. Service advisor already stated im going to have to get a new bumper due to debris in the paint, same thing on A pillar for passenger but I guess bodyshop will have to repaint that

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 135
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 121
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 112
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 118
  • A6.jpg
    A6.jpg
    709.4 KB · Views: 115
I have the same issue as shown on the third pic.

Paint quality is better, but the interior assy quality is worse than my '15.

All black, so you don't notice it that much. Have not decided to keep the new car yet, the old car is fine, and I can replace it next year with an MX.