TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Mega SuperCharger station spotted?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Wshowell, Jul 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

i stopped in at the Tesla factory on a long trip North to stretch my legs and see the X in person. While I was waiting in the showroom area one of the Tesla guys offered to show me Summon on an S. That led to a quick joy ride while we waited for one the X's to return for a test drive. Our little ride took us down Kato Rd just South of the factory but not as far as SOLAR CITY. Along the way I saw what appeared to be 25+ supercharger stations being set up in front of a non-description building that I could not readily identify. As we passed by I said "whoa, what's going on there? That looks like a ton of Supercharger stalls!" My Tesla co-pilot just responded "oh, we're always full of surprises...." And changed the subject to coils vs Air suspension. We continued South another half mile and I did a u turn and returned back the same way and tried to get a better look. I couldn't tell if it was Superchargers or just HPWC stalls being set up since no hardware was in place. Once back at the factory I drove around the parking area a bit and came across another area that had about 15 HPWC's set up with almost every stall occupied with a car and a delivery date on the dash. It was kinda' a holding stable for the cars ready to be moved into the delivery area but also getting a full charge (this was not the Superchargers out front of the delivery center).

So, what did I see? Is it a new delivery center being set up to relieve some of the pressure on the factory delivery center, the new CPO lot "buy and fly" I heard about previously, a mega supercharger station for all the Tesla's in this area, a new stand alone service center, a Model 3 delivery area for the "common man/woman" or just what?

• Informative x 2
  2. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

It's been known about for some time, 20 SPC down the street from the factory.
    Supercharger - Fremont #2

Still in the works though. Track new SPC locations on this thread with links to threads discussing them as they come online.
    Supercharger Progress

3. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

Thanks for the link. It looks the same as the pic you shared from almost a year ago. So, no progress it appears. The plot thickens...

• Like x 1
  4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

We don't know for sure. I suspect that new "mega" Supercharger will be for the public and the current Superchargers at the factory will be closed to public access, but I could be wrong.

I requested the mods merge this thread with the existing thread at Supercharger - Fremont #2

5. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Appears there are two mega chargers in the works at the moment.
    Tesla is about to open its 2 biggest Supercharger stations yet, 20 stalls each

Tesla is about to open its 2 biggest Supercharger stations yet, 20 stalls each