Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Megacharger at Frito Lay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not new pics but from a recent article from Drive Tesla Canada some approximate dimensions.

According to the new article “the Megacharger stands a few inches shy of 7ft tall“.

The dimensions may have been posted elsewhere previously but I checked the DTC links about the Megachargers at Giga Nevada and Frito Lay and the dimensions were not mentioned in those pervious articles.

The article is about the new V4 Supercharger and was comparing it to the Megaharger found at Giga Nevada and Frito Lay.

Tesla V4 Supercharger design and dimensions- DRIVE TESLA CANADA

Nice looking charger.....☺️
Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 7.03.08 PM.png

Not new pics but from a recent article from Drive Tesla Canada some approximate dimensions.

According to the new article “the Megacharger stands a few inches shy of 7ft tall“.

The dimensions may have been posted elsewhere previously but I checked the DTC links about the Megachargers at Giga Nevada and Frito Lay and the dimensions were not mentioned in those pervious articles.

The article is about the new V4 Supercharger and was comparing it to the Megaharger found at Giga Nevada and Frito Lay.

Tesla V4 Supercharger design and dimensions- DRIVE TESLA CANADA

Nice looking charger.....☺️
View attachment 827933

Smaller than I was expecting, but then again limited frame of reference.

That isn't a MCS charging station, that is just standard CCS. (And it looks like one contains CHAdeMO as well.)
It says this under the pic:
"One of the first megawatt-capable charging stations to offer the MCS connector is Portland’s Electric Island site, developed by PGE and Daimler Trucks North America. It’s ready for a range of heavy-duty electric trucks."

But another earlier article from GreenCarReports says this: "Since the connectors used for now at the station are all CHAdeMO and CCS—and good for 800V—they’ll work on just about any electric car or SUV, too."

You are correct and GCR was a bit misleading from the article I took the pic from.

But I'm still not sure if the charging station in the pic is megawatt-capable. Could be....