Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MEL-ADL Supercharger route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding Tassie being covered, I'd be happy with a single SC site for now, which would connect 80% of the population - including Hobart (capital) to Devonport (ferry terminal)!

Played tourist in Tassie recently. I could think of worse places to spend a half hour or more than Ross or Campbell Town. Very easy on the eyes, that part of the world.

Reactions: RichardMcN and Chuq
In this case, it was on the first page of google results for "tesla supercharger horsham" :)

More detail:
After a bit more digging, it looks like the company (DaRa Switchboards) is a supplier/installer for the supercharger stations at Wodonga and Port Macquarie (possibly more - but they have pictures of those particular stations on their site)

Can't find any more from digging, so I've emailed the company flat out asking if they had a site, timeline, or knew of any other sites. Someone might spill the beans :)

I'm hoping to drive ADL-MEL-SYD just after Christmas. I'm thinking of arriving late in the day at Keith and staying the night at the Keith Motor Inn to use one of their destination chargers. It's too far from there to reach Richmond Supercharger (504km) without a top up. Any ideas where I can get 100km worth of juice along the route in the fastest way possible? Horsham? Ararat? Ballarat?

Horsham International Hotel might let you use their destination chargers, certainly so if you can lunch there I would think. Assuming you have something bigger than a 60 you shouldn't need to top up between there and Melbourne. Otherwise there are a couple of owners around the Ballarat area on plugshare who could probably help out - assuming there isn't a supercharger there by then :)

Horsham International Hotel might let you use their destination chargers, certainly so if you can lunch there I would think. Assuming you have something bigger than a 60 you shouldn't need to top up between there and Melbourne.

Thanks lennier. I'll be coming through Horsham about 10am so a bit early for lunch but you've given me a lead to follow up. I've got a P85D with dual chargers. How long would it take to get 100km or so worth of range do you think?

I'm hoping to drive ADL-MEL-SYD just after Christmas. I'm thinking of arriving late in the day at Keith and staying the night at the Keith Motor Inn to use one of their destination chargers. It's too far from there to reach Richmond Supercharger (504km) without a top up. Any ideas where I can get 100km worth of juice along the route in the fastest way possible? Horsham? Ararat? Ballarat?

mhh - If you don't need/want to go through Melbourne, if after a daytime top up in Horsham enroute, suss out straight across to Bendigo (overnight @ City Centre Motel D/C - very hospitable), then through to Wodonga. Maybe worth a look ?

mhh - If you don't need/want to go through Melbourne, if after a daytime top up in Horsham enroute, suss out straight across to Bendigo (overnight @ City Centre Motel D/C - very hospitable), then through to Wodonga. Maybe worth a look ?
That's the could work but I'll reach Bengigo too early in the day. Penola is probably still the best stop as it maxes out the battery and I can reach Melbourne from there on a single charge - by going slowly. Or go straight to Sydney by ICE...

Hey @mhh if Melbourne is not a specific destination and you just want to go to Sydney then Horsham is definitely the place to stay overnight.

I've studied the Sydney - Adelaide route for myself early next year.

You will only need a modest top up at Keith to make Horsham from Adelaide.

Euroa is within striking distance from Horsham (may or may not need a small top up at Bendigo).

Then superchargers from Euroa ! ! !

Hey @mhh if Melbourne is not a specific destination and you just want to go to Sydney then Horsham is definitely the place to stay overnight.

I've studied the Sydney - Adelaide route for myself early next year.

You will only need a modest top up at Keith to make Horsham from Adelaide.

Euroa is within striking distance from Horsham (may or may not need a small top up at Bendigo).

Then superchargers from Euroa ! ! !

Thanks Richard (and everyone else). This is what I'll do. I'll bother the Keith Motor Inn to sell me a few sparks and then overnight at Horsham. I'm very confident I'll get to Euroa from there. I managed 390km on a charge last trip and had at least 20km to spare.

Edit: Zsolt, the manager of the Keith Motor Inn said yes to my top-up request immediately. It must be a new install - no one has used it yet. My message? Get to the Keith Motor Inn and stay there!

Last edited:
Thanks Richard (and everyone else). This is what I'll do. I'll bother the Keith Motor Inn to sell me a few sparks and then overnight at Horsham. I'm very confident I'll get to Euroa from there. I managed 390km on a charge last trip and had at least 20km to spare.

Edit: Zsolt, the manager of the Keith Motor Inn said yes to my top-up request immediately. It must be a new install - no one has used it yet. My message? Get to the Keith Motor Inn and stay there!
And as @Chuq points out, that route is only 100km more than the most direct Adl - Syd route !

Reactions: mhh
Reactions: bradjc and baillies