Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Melbourne Model X Hire ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been thinking about trading up my LEAF and getting a Model X to replace our aging CR-V too. Ive had the guided test drive but was thinking i want to make sure that the size increase of it over the CR-V is ok to live with day to day.

My plan was to find a hire place that would allow a weeks hire of a MOdel X - a great chance to do all the usual things like school pickup / after school activities / shoppping etc - to really make sure the car fits my expectations and that we can live with the doors day to day.

Does anyone know of any Melbourne hire options for a Model X ? There certainly ain’t any easy to find options ...

I’m guessing at a stretch Tesla would go for an overnight test drive /loan - but then everything is rushed.... i want to be able to take my time.

Are there hire options - I’m willing to pay for privilege - but no one wants to take my money :)

Welcome TonyEm,

I was on the edge, and I asked for the Model X for a overnight loan and they agreed. That tipped me over the edge and when I dropped it back in ordered it on the spot. Now been 2 weeks with it, 2000kms and love it!

Its hard to get a full day loan as they have test drives in them, but you could try hit them up for a Sunday loaner (they were quite last Sunday when I was there)

My Model S as been with the SC for 2 weeks getting a few things fixed and they've lent me an X during this time....I can't decide which is better...so we'll end up with an X when my wife's car is ready for trading in :)

You won't regret an X, they fantastic....