Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Melbourne service centre collision repairs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

srwx

"perf_config": "P1"
May 16, 2016
Ballarat, Australia
Had the misfortune of being hit while parked up and shopping but thankfully the person who hit me hung around and exchanged details and she has initiated a claim through her insurance. I'm wondering what the repairs through the Melbourne service centre are like and what peoples experiences have been? (repair times, quality, cost, etc.). And if not thru the SC who else might be worth going to for a body repair? (Melbourne/West Melbourne/Ballarat preferred).

Both myself and the other driver are insured with RACV so RACV have given me the option to initiate a claim under my own policy with zero excess although I'm not sure if that will impact my renewals going forward... are there any gotchas doing a claim under my own policy that RACV might "neglect" to tell me?

Cheers!

The damage, managed to hit both sides of the wheel well but not the wheel that I could see:
IMG_20200612_101539.jpg

@srwx -
  1. 100% make sure the party in the wrong claims under their insurance (even if RACV to RACV)
  2. In Melbourne go to B&W in Clayton....Dominic is a champion
SC don't see panel repairs....cars get sent to 1 or only 2 authorised repairers in Melbourne.....I personally prefer B&W.

Last edited:
@srwx -
  1. 100% make sure the party in the wrong claims under their insurance (even if RACV to RACV)
  2. In Melbourne go to B&W in Clayton....Dominic is a champion
SC don't see panel repairs....cars get sent to 1 or only 2 authorised repairers in Melbourne.....I personally prefer B&W.

Awesome, thanks. Tesla just rang to let me know they don't do panel repairs and sent me through their approved list (I swear I read somewhere they were bringing panel repair in house, but maybe that wasn't all locations). Did you mean B&A in Clayton, they appear to be first in Tesla's list...

Awesome, thanks. Tesla just rang to let me know they don't do panel repairs and sent me through their approved list (I swear I read somewhere they were bringing panel repair in house, but maybe that wasn't all locations). Did you mean B&A in Clayton, they appear to be first in Tesla's list...

oops...yep B&A o_O

Elon has talked about bringing some panel repair jobs "in-house"....I assume when/if it started it would happen in the US first then filter down to us later....

In any case, B&A are excellent, very professional and have exceeded my OCD'ness.....

Adding my vote for B&A too. I took my car to DSI in Blackburn for some warranty paint chips. They totally botched it, then botched it worse on their second attempt. Tesla ended up choosing B&A to rectify it all and they absolutely nailed it first go. Literally better than new (i mean, even if you forget that it initially had paint chips).

I can recommend Corso bodyworks in South Melbourne (second one down on the Tesla list). Collected my car from them today. They did an excellent job of repairing a minor rear end shunt, as well as a separate dent from someone opening their door into my rear door.

Reactions: AlbertParker