Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Melbourne to Cooktown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @eclectricdave why not return to Melbourne via Alice Springs ?

Only 1200km longer, and heaps of new scenery ...
  • @Dylanpete has completed the route Cairns to the Qld/NT border, and will update Plugshare soon.
  • NT all done and on Plugshare from to Qld border to SA border.
  • In SA there is 3 phase at Coober Pedy and 15 amp is enough at Marla (3 ph too at a contractor) and Glendambo.
  • Then supercharge home from Clare!

Charging stops: EuroaSC GundSC GoldSC privhouse HeatherbSC PMQSC KnockSC BneSC NoosaBlueChardemo GinGin3ph Kortes TDC PottersTDC MercureTDC FrostyMangoTDC Cairns privhouse CairnsChardemo CooktownOceanViewmotel16A
Reverse trip similar but bypassed GinGin and stayed near Maryborough to charge 16A. On my trip I missed alternate SCs since a range of 400ks was easily done.

Hi electricdave, congrats on beating Richard and myself reaching Cooktown. I also din't go further than Cape Tribulation...
If your car is pre-facelift I agree with Richard, adding a second charger would make life a little easier.
I just completed my trip from Bribie Island to NT border via the Outback and coming back via Normanton, Mount Surprise, Atherton and Cairns. In Atherton someone told me they saw a Tesla in Cooktown...the mystery is now cleared!

Reactions: *KT*
Charging stops: EuroaSC GundSC GoldSC privhouse HeatherbSC PMQSC KnockSC BneSC NoosaBlueChardemo GinGin3ph Kortes TDC PottersTDC MercureTDC FrostyMangoTDC Cairns privhouse CairnsChardemo CooktownOceanViewmotel16A
Reverse trip similar but bypassed GinGin and stayed near Maryborough to charge 16A. On my trip I missed alternate SCs since a range of 400ks was easily done.
On my way back from N-QLD I also charged at"GinGin3ph Kortes TDC PottersTDC MercureTDC FrostyMangoTDC CairnsChardemo"