Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Member Survey, Free phone. Is this a scam? Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had notification on this site that I had an unread message. The message said that on Mondays a few members are asked to complete a short survey and I would then have a chance to win a free Samsung S20 phone (only 10 available). Being a trusting idiot I did and I won. (should have rung alarm bells then but trusted TMC web site) It would only cost me £2.00. Filled in the necessary card details and waited. (Incidentally the charge was £1.50)
Received a confirming email from 'JPG SA grmhelp.com' for the payment.
Trying to access the above website I end up on 'Club4marriage' ??
I do regularly check my credit card on line.
4 days later there is a transaction of £49.90 on my credit card. Was there small print signing up to a regular payment for something else. (Who reads the small print?) and I don't know what that something else is.
Card now cancelled.

Take care

Looks like you clicked on this ad banner:

A1ADF060-381A-4748-891B-7749A914980F.jpeg

Upvote 0
Looks like you clicked on this ad banner:

View attachment 647789

I'd say that's a question to be asked of TMC owners, etc.. why on Earth is this ad allowed?

Where does clicking on that ad take you, a fake version of this website?

I had assumed (wrongly perhaps) that it was someone who had set up an account and was spamming messages to people, not that it was a dodgy ad made to look like a message!

@davyjohns Fair play for admitting it, and bringing the problem to everyone's attention.

Upvote 0
I'd say that's a question to be asked of TMC owners, etc.. why on Earth is this ad allowed?

Where does clicking on that ad take you, a fake version of this website?

I had assumed (wrongly perhaps) that it was someone who had set up an account and was spamming messages to people, not that it was a dodgy ad made to look like a message!

@davyjohns Fair play for admitting it, and bringing the problem to everyone's attention.
It takes you to a surveyquick website that is made to look like an Amazon page. That would’ve rang alarm bells for me immediately.
I’m guessing the ads are powered by a third party and TMC don’t have direct control of it, but they must have a way to report it to their ad partner.

Upvote 0
I recently had notification on this site that I had an unread message. The message said that on Mondays a few members are asked to complete a short survey and I would then have a chance to win a free Samsung S20 phone (only 10 available). Being a trusting idiot I did and I won. (should have rung alarm bells then but trusted TMC web site) It would only cost me £2.00. Filled in the necessary card details and waited. (Incidentally the charge was £1.50)
Received a confirming email from 'JPG SA grmhelp.com' for the payment.
Trying to access the above website I end up on 'Club4marriage' ??
I do regularly check my credit card on line.
4 days later there is a transaction of £49.90 on my credit card. Was there small print signing up to a regular payment for something else. (Who reads the small print?) and I don't know what that something else is.
Card now cancelled.

Take care
To make it up to you on behalf of all TMC members I would like to refund your money. If you could just PM me your bank details, date of birth, National insurance number, address and mothers maiden name I will get right on it.
Though it may take me a while I have a problem with my computer. I think it will be solved soon though. This nice man from Microsoft just called me and he is helping me install some patches.

Upvote 0

I’m guessing the ads are powered by a third party and TMC don’t have direct control of it, but they must have a way to report it to their ad partner.

I have raised this as a concern.

Moderator comment - Adverts of this nature should not be appearing and should be blocked by Google but on this occasion for what ever reason has not been. The forum Administrators are trying to report the issue.

Upvote 0
Surveys are the worst as they are usually not run on the same site as the company you trust. I try to avoid them where ever possible, as someone who enters competitions as a hobby they are one of the least effective use of time to win something in any case. I have become very aware of who is running the site when it comes to these things. When people have won paying a small amount to get your prize you are excited about seems sensible until after the event so this won't be the first or last time it happens.

Upvote 0