Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memo to Romney: Free vs $6 per gallon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joefee

May 29, 2011
WA
Gas is heading towards $6 per gallon in San Diego! Pic 10/5/12. I hope we get a super charger here so I can fill up for free !

IMG_0405SEA _595IMG_0405.JPG

I posted this on Jan 19, 2012, over in the fuel prices thread. Sometimes I just hate to have my predictions approach reality :scared:

Here's Gasbuddy.com's Gasoline Forecast for 2012.

They are forecasting near $5/gal for some U.S. cities for Memorial Day.

Larry
It appears to me that media reports in US don't address anything that has impact on every day's life and is FARTHER than 6 months away. Another example is 1 million EVs on the road by 2015 - what does that to me?
OK here is my prediction. US will see $6/gal in more than 25% of all cities before EOY. If $5 is a concern $6 is a shock? Not really. You will see $8/gal before 2014 ends.

Those above photo examples are both non-name brand stations. With the "shortage" of gas, the refineries aren't selling as much to the independent stations. I wouldn't be surprised if a some of the shortage was fabricated in order to make the independents feel some pain and drive more business to the Shell/Chevron/Texaco/Arco/76/Mobil stations...

Those above photo examples are both non-name brand stations. With the "shortage" of gas, the refineries aren't selling as much to the independent stations. I wouldn't be surprised if a some of the shortage was fabricated in order to make the independents feel some pain and drive more business to the Shell/Chevron/Texaco/Arco/76/Mobil stations...

Where's Teddy Roosevelt when we need him?