Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memorial Day and heading back from Palm Springs. Done it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks Happy Memorial day and more importantly my appreciation and respect for the people and their families for their sacrifice.

I would normally stay close to home on a get home travel day, but, my friends have invited me to some nice Palm Springs golf.

I know we now have live status as well as possible idle fees which makes this question more moot, but, in case you are bored and possess this knowledge....

Anyone head back to LA from Palm Springs on Memorial Day? I remember this or Veterans day as being very congested charging wise.

I pass the Cabazon and Victoria Gardens SC. Plan is to charge in the AM at Cabazon, but, depending on the wind I will need to charge again to make it home.

My hope is the chargers are light enough that I can justify lunch at Sherman's after golf and still avoid the later traffic.

So looking forward to that Palm Desert Supercharger.

Thanks!

Leslie

If you can't reliably drive from LA to palm springs on a busy day without charging congestion, you simply have a city car with a big battery, and you need to own another ICE or REX car for long drives. If I do buy the M3, I'm going to go with the smaller battery because for a city car, what's the difference between 215mile range vs 270 mile range when you'll be charging at home every night?

How did it go?

Dandy!

I was the only car in the Cabazon Supercharger at 6:15 am so I took the opportunity to charge to 100%

I then left Rancho Mirage at 2:30 pm and there was a bad accident on the 10. The GPS actually put me on Highway 74 (Palms to Pines Highway) which I have never been on before and really enjoyed the winding road with a great view. It then put me on Ramona HWY for a bit and then the 215. Took me 3 hours to get home but I really enjoyed the drive and never hit traffic.

Only concern was not being near a supercharger. I knew I could get to Victoria Gardens slightly off route if needed. I got home with 35 miles to spare with no supercharger visited on the way home.

I however checked on the Superchargers during my drive a few times out of curiosity and none of them ever showed capacity.

All in all a very enjoyable day.