Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memory corruption issues in 18.42.2 on MCU1 cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

verygreen

Curious member
Jan 16, 2017
TN
So... I got a memory controller error in my logs after upgrading to 18.42.2, looks like this:

Code:
[  124.827125] tegra-mc 7000f000.memory-controller: idxsrd: read @0x733efb20: EMEM address decode error (EMEM decode error)

And then I started hearing from people that they get glitched fonts/display issues and I think these are connected. With 18.42.2 apparently being a pretty wide release, I am sure other must be seeing these too?

So... If you saw anything like that or something related, please reply here. I am going to add a sample picture once I am able to procure one.

There's a sister post in the X forum to increase visibility

glitch.jpg

So... I got a memory controller error in my logs after upgrading to 18.42.2, looks like this:

Code:
[  124.827125] tegra-mc 7000f000.memory-controller: idxsrd: read @0x733efb20: EMEM address decode error (EMEM decode error)

And then I started hearing from people that they get glitched fonts/display issues and I think these are connected. With 18.42.2 apparently being a pretty wide release, I am sure other must be seeing these too?

So... If you saw anything like that or something related, please reply here. I am going to add a sample picture once I am able to procure one.

There's a sister post in the X forum to increase visibility

View attachment 349821

Had the issue on 2018.39.6 8377b4d. Photo taken 10/16.

9/2017 build with HW2.5. Not sure which MCU.

IMG_0261.jpg

Is there a way to report bugs to Tesla from within the car? Via the MCU?
I was told by what I thought was a senior tech that if you hold both buttons that are above BOTH (scroll wheels) turning knobs) down that it will take screen captures for the log. @verygreen any knowledge or heard about that. Could be useful for these types of screens.

Then off course do the <mic> Bug Report ... oral report.

Last edited:
Yep - had this on Saturday

It’s been reported to Tesla

A very long double scroll wheel and brake pedal press fixed it

Initially, I could not communicate with the car via the app, and the ‘systems are powering up’ error was present

Been fine since, but it’d be nice to know the root cause

I was told by what I thought was a senior tech that if you hold both buttons that are above BOTH (scroll wheels) turning knobs) down that it will take screen captures for the log. @verygreen any knowledge or heard about that. Could be useful for these types of screens.

Long press on the bottom right button on the steering wheel (like 5+ seconds) generates screenshots, but if it's a emmcorruption it's not necessarily going to be properly captured so do take a picture with your phone too. Also there's no confirmation which is annoying.

And finally I am not sure anybody ever looks at those until you bring it to service or a ranger visits you.

Hello, i have tesal model s 2014 , i have a problem with dorrs control , the doors opens even when you dont have a key, i think there is a another key in the car dont know where , my second guess there is a technical problem in the system . Please any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance