Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memory Overload?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. My MCU would randomly go black or reboot by itself. Sometimes
I would lose the backup camera function or the radio. It would also freeze. This is my third screen since 2015. SC says that my memory was full and cleared it out which sounds suspect. If memory gets full and causes these problems, why
wouldn't there be a maintenance suggestion before things start going wrong. I asked them to replace the multimedia card
after receiving the email saying that they were extending the warranty to include this but they refused saying that clearing
out the memory would fix the problem.

Ahh, got it. You have what's known as AP1 (autopilot 1 I believe).
The information in this link may be helpful.

What's an MCU? Which MCU do I have? What's the difference between MCU & FSD? Why does my car not get the latest software features? How do I speed up my MCU?

One solution that appears to make a huge difference in performance of your MCU, is uprading to MCU2. Much faster processor, overall better technology. Your MCU1 was built on 2011/2012 era computing power. The MCU2 is built on 2017/2018 processing power. However, upgrading is a $2500 out of pocket cost.

Thanks so much for
Ahh, got it. You have what's known as AP1 (autopilot 1 I believe).
The information in this link may be helpful.

What's an MCU? Which MCU do I have? What's the difference between MCU & FSD? Why does my car not get the latest software features? How do I speed up my MCU?

One solution that appears to make a huge difference in performance of your MCU, is uprading to MCU2. Much faster processor, overall better technology. Your MCU1 was built on 2011/2012 era computing power. The MCU2 is built on 2017/2018 processing power. However, upgrading is a $2500 out of pocket cost.

Thanks so much for the information. It would have been nice if the SC explained this to me