Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memory seats/Driver profiles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish driver profiles would be linked to key fobs. My wife is only 5' tall and
I''m 6 '. It's a real challenge to get into the car after she has been driving. It would be so much more helpful if the seat would automatically move to my profile position...

Does the FOB know who you are and they just don't set the seats etc based on the FOB, or is the car clueless about which FOB goes to who?

This is about as basic as it gets. My ancient (2001) Acura has a FOB for driver 1 and driver 2 and using either FOB changes the seating and mirrors.

Would make sense to have a profiles setting page, where the user can determine profiles e.g.:

- Profile by keys (ideal for two drivers)
- Profile screen selection (more than two drivers), additional icon somewhere in the screen to select driver
- Profile by "special code", each driver creates a profile and sets up their unique "code" e.g. on key fob two quick clicks of driver side door and hold one click for few seconds

On the settings page you determine the default state of the car seats, mirrows and most importantly driving style settings. For each driver profile you then determine your preference - this way you can adjust regen breaking, steering wheel, mirrows, seats, etc..

Come on Elon.. ☺️

Would make sense to have a profiles setting page, where the user can determine profiles e.g.:

- Profile by keys (ideal for two drivers)
- Profile screen selection (more than two drivers), additional icon somewhere in the screen to select driver
- Profile by "special code", each driver creates a profile and sets up their unique "code" e.g. on key fob two quick clicks of driver side door and hold one click for few seconds

On the settings page you determine the default state of the car seats, mirrows and most importantly driving style settings. For each driver profile you then determine your preference - this way you can adjust regen breaking, steering wheel, mirrows, seats, etc..

Come on Elon.. ☺️
You have re-activated an old thread from before driver profiles were associated with key fobs. Of the three features on your list, the Tesla can do the first two. Don't expect the third one.

You have re-activated an old thread from before driver profiles were associated with key fobs. Of the three features on your list, the Tesla can do the first two. Don't expect the third one.
Thanks I read newer threads on it and now know its there, would be nice to get the third.. But for me it will be only my wife and I driving it so hope that profile by key will be enough, the wife is mainly interested in seating position so looks like that will work fine for us..

Thanks I read newer threads on it and now know its there, would be nice to get the third.. But for me it will be only my wife and I driving it so hope that profile by key will be enough, the wife is mainly interested in seating position so looks like that will work fine for us..
Be aware that the car recognizes the fob that unlocks the doors first, usually. Driver needs to arrive at the car first.