Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memory side mirrors losing position?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone notice that their side mirrors sometimes lose their memory position? On our 3, it’s only the right side mirror that doesn’t seem to remember it’s regular Drive position. I do have it set to tilt down on reverse, but sometimes it returns to the wrong position (a little higher). This also seems to happen when my wife and I have both driven, so maybe an issue with switching profiles?

Reactions: ICE collector
anyone notice that their side mirrors sometimes lose their memory position? On our 3, it’s only the right side mirror that doesn’t seem to remember it’s regular Drive position. I do have it set to tilt down on reverse, but sometimes it returns to the wrong position (a little higher). This also seems to happen when my wife and I have both driven, so maybe an issue with switching profiles?
It happens to me too on occassion. Just select your profile again and it'll adjust the mirror to where you set it.

Yes Tesla said to me over the phone they will replace my left mirror for this issue claiming its hardware. It didn’t fix the problem.Just like constantly adjusting my seat definitely a software problem; when you have to disable auto tilt down in reverse for the problem to go away, & people that don't want to understand ignore it by saying “you’re not adjusting your mirrors right” or something just to ignore addressing the issue, & move on; if you have to manually adjust the mirrors save it to the profile, then adjust the left mirror again in reverse to save in memory, & it still moves, its a software issue. So all my driver profiles have to do the same thing wearing out the left mirror motors prematurely. Its a software issue & I'm not going to compare this to other cars in same class so I don't get flamed again by passionate fans!