Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Memory System for Driver's Settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
I test drove the Model S at the NY Get Amped Event but I didn't see anything mentioned about this feature. Does anyone know if the Model S has a memory system for driver settings like seat, mirrors, steering wheel, etc.? If it does exist, can someone share details?

For example, when I have my intelligent key for my Infiniti and open the driver door, the seat, mirrors and steering wheel all move to my pre-set settings. Would love that on the Model S.

I recall at one time it being mentioned that the seats/steering wheel would have a memory function programmed to the key fob and would automatically adjust when you sat down with the key. But I haven't heard anything since on that and it's possible that function didn't get included.

I recall at one time it being mentioned that the seats/steering wheel would have a memory function programmed to the key fob and would automatically adjust when you sat down with the key. But I haven't heard anything since on that and it's possible that function didn't get included.

It's been said seat settings memory come with the leather seats.

Haven't heard anything about steering wheel, but it was suggested on this forum that TM should add settings like regen, steering, and such settings in this function.

It says on the site that it is a function of the key fob with mirrors, seats and steering wheel I believe. I am happy to hear because my wife is short and I'm 6'8. The fx we have handles it nicely. I assume we get two keys right?

THE KEY

WORTHY OF THE CAR
Programmable for individual drivers, the unique Tesla key is easily sensed by the vehicle, loading preferred settings like seat, steering wheel, and mirror positions. As you approach, the key commands the door handle to unlock, waiting for a simple tap to present itself. With it in your pocket, Model S turns on as you buckle in to the driver’s seat.

It says on the site that it is a function of the key fob with mirrors, seats and steering wheel I believe. I am happy to hear because my wife is short and I'm 6'8. The fx we have handles it nicely. I assume we get two keys right?

THE KEY

WORTHY OF THE CAR
Programmable for individual drivers, the unique Tesla key is easily sensed by the vehicle, loading preferred settings like seat, steering wheel, and mirror positions. As you approach, the key commands the door handle to unlock, waiting for a simple tap to present itself. With it in your pocket, Model S turns on as you buckle in to the driver’s seat.
Well if you're gonna rely on the official web site as a source....
I don't know why I didn't think to check there first...so many rumor and hearsay things out there that I forget some stuff is actually offically posted! Glad you found that info.

Some how, I can't but think they still have a *whole lotta* (little) work to due on this car, before they really rev up the press.

edit: I'm beginning to think the Get Amped Tour was built on Beta 2, or RC1 (release candidate) models. No doubt they're scrambling to get all the nits worked out (as flagged by Elon and their own print). I'll happily wait for the polished version.

Last edited: