Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like all went well at the Board of Adjustment meeting yesterday. The minutes from the meeting aren't available yet so we can't see the vote tally but the staff report recommended approval with 3 minor conditions (mostly landscaping and not to deviate from the submitted plans). Now to keep an eye out for a construction permit.

Here's the staff report on the permit request

Thanks for sharing the staff report! Very informative and I too didn't see any major recommended changes or adjustments. Great news and this will be a welcomed edition to the SpC network! I usually stay at the Hilton, Embassy Suites, or Hampton Inn & Suites so this SpC location is right in my proximity!

I drove by last night to check if any survey/utility marks yet apparent. None were. No trucks or shipping containers either :rolleyes:

There is utility work at the site as of this morning, and survey stakes/underground utility markings have been there for a few days.

No digging yet, but this looks like progress

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 104
I've gone by Shelby Farms and used them twice now. The park additions are fantastic.

There currently is no charge or even membership card required to use them, although there is a touch panel at the end of the station where they could possibly take payment in the future.

I stopped in again today, at 4 PM, to be compulsive. Utility work yesterday was a new pole, with a power tap just waiting to be tunneled underground:
IMG_3138.jpg
IMG_3142.jpg

Anyone know what these are? I don't think they are new. They are on the OLD pole
IMG_3129.jpg

Markings on sidewalk, not parking lot
IMG_3144.jpg

No site work, yet

PS 0830 traffic around this area: (if you don't know, site is 1/2 way between 'e' in Quince and 's' in Sweetbriar
IMG_3127.jpg

Last edited:
PS anyone drive by Shelby Farns since the grand reopening last week? Specifically, are the J1772s still there and functioning?
They work wonderfully!!
Please use them.
If you see some Non EV cars there on the South side, usually they are the staff.
They take them to block and make sure they are available for the EVs. If you find them all taken check with the staff in the Visitor Center.

Kinda off the topic but I did just discover that Carlock Nissan in Jackson,Tn has a chademo charger. It's not on plugshare. Called the stealership and it appears to be free.

It's not dependable. I travel Mem-Nash once a month and for the last year I have only able the use it once. A few week ago I stopped in Jax just to try as usual and it did work (for the first time). I was told that they recently did some firmware upgrades and now expect it to be more reliable. FYI, there is an oil change shop on the Nissan lot. The ChaDeMo is located on the Southeast corner of the oil change shop. There are 4 EV chargers near the front entrance of the Nissan dealership.

It's not dependable. I travel Mem-Nash once a month and for the last year I have only able the use it once. A few week ago I stopped in Jax just to try as usual and it did work (for the first time). I was told that they recently did some firmware upgrades and now expect it to be more reliable. FYI, there is an oil change shop on the Nissan lot. The ChaDeMo is located on the Southeast corner of the oil change shop. There are 4 EV chargers near the front entrance of the Nissan dealership.
Thanks!!! Beats sitting at the Casey Jones museum.......

I apologize for asking if already asked: have all required construction permits been issued? Sometimes a call to the permit office will reveal who the permit has been issued to. Then a call to whoever was issued the permit may give a rough idea about when construction will start.

I've been checking into it every other day or so; at present there are no outstanding building (construction or demo), electrical, or mechanical permits pulled.

I'd imagine, based on CSFTN's posts, MLGW (local power company) is working to get their ducks in a row before Tesla can do anything. I'd expect to see a building/electrical permit soon since MLGW looks to be finishing up.

I've been checking into it every other day or so; at present there are no outstanding building (construction or demo), electrical, or mechanical permits pulled.

I'd imagine, based on CSFTN's posts, MLGW (local power company) is working to get their ducks in a row before Tesla can do anything. I'd expect to see a building/electrical permit soon since MLGW looks to be finishing up.
I had 3-phase power put into my commercial building a few years ago, it was quite a processes. I have to wonder what Tesla needs in new power infrastructure to get a Supercharger off the ground? Is there enough power on the pole, in a commercial district like this, to light up a Supercharger, without modifications?