Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, we should be getting closer to when Tesla is adding a Supercharger here in Memphis.
Would like to hear input about possible locations and updates.
Try to avoid the "why someplace won't be a candidate" but places to promote the locations here in Memphis.

The best location I can think of, which models the layout of other SC locations I have charged at, is the Wolfchase Mall area.

Your thoughts?

I think the area near the Best Western Hotel on Humphreys Blvd(near the hospitals) would be a good choice. I40/I55/I240 converge nearby on the way to Music City
OK, we should be getting closer to when Tesla is adding a Supercharger here in Memphis.
Try to avoid the "why someplace won't be a candidate" but places to promote the locations here in Memphis.

The best location I can think of, which models the layout of other SC locations I have charged at, is the Wolfchase Mall area.

Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

Wolfchase would be ideal for East-West travel, since Nashville is farther than Little Rock, but I think it's a little far to the east for people traveling north-south. There is a small mall right at the Poplar/240 exit that I think would be good (Target, Best Buy, restaurants).

The airport might be OK, after the model in Chattanooga and Savannah. It's fairly convenient to the south Loop and works OK for travel in either direction. Amenities outside of security are pretty sparse though IIRC.

Any Location needs to be somewhere on the 240/40 loop though to make sense for the biggest group of travelers. North/south are still a non-starter from Memphis until we get a SC between St Louis and Memphis, and maybe Jackson, MS to the south.

If I were placed in charge (which is extraordinarily unlikely) I would add Sikeston, MO first, followed by Tupelo, MS, then Jackson so you could get to and from Memphis at least :)

- - - Updated - - -

Once you get those (with Birmingham and Meridian already planned for 2015) you can get to atlanta and pretty much the whole eastern side of the country. It also gives you the best route to the florida panhandle through Mobile.

Sikeston gets you to St.Louis and everywhere to the North

my 2 cents : Memphis supercharger won't be in Memphis at all. Why? Three reasons. 1) our 2 major highways run coincident not in Memphis, but in West Memphis, Arkansas 2) they diverge near Whitehaven, but there doesn't appear to be any viable retail locations down there (also not in Frayser or Raleigh) 3) since there's a 'Nashville' charger going in Franklin, there will be one about 110 miles to the west of Nashville, then another about 110 miles west of that. Lines up with the eastern edge of Jackson, TN and West Memphis, AR.

But we aren't on the schedule until 2016 anyway. I agree - I am anxious not for a Memphis supercharger, but for superchargers near Nashville (check), Tupelo, Sikeston, and Jackson MS. And Birmingham AL, Elizabethtown KY, Asheville NC.

Last edited:
Hey don't know if this is posted elsewhere, but .. Kimball Musk apparently now is a part-time in Memphis resident, frequent visitor. Apparently was here for a high school, inner city charity and really liked the city. Enough that he has announced plans to open multiple restaurants in Memphis, including one in our big county park. County park ranger told me that both Musk brothers were recently here, touring the new facility. So, just *maybe* that might accelerate the deployment of SCs in this part of the country. I can hope.

Yesterday, IKEA purchased 35 acres of land, in Memphis, at the intersection of I40 and Germantown Parkway, adjacent to an existing Costco. Breaking ground in 6 months. Great location, although I'd guess not available for a Supercharger for at least another year. However, not convenient to I55.

It's 178 miles from the Brentwood SC to the Knoxville SC. And 222 miles from Brentwood to downtown Memphis. I like the idea of Jackson as I'm in Nashville and travel to Memphis for business. I wouldn't feel comfortable going that distance without something between. Jackson would make sense in addition to a Memphis charger sometime soon after.

my 2 cents : Memphis supercharger won't be in Memphis at all. Why? Three reasons. 1) our 2 major highways run coincident not in Memphis, but in West Memphis, Arkansas 2) they diverge near Whitehaven, but there doesn't appear to be any viable retail locations down there (also not in Frayser or Raleigh) 3) since there's a 'Nashville' charger going in Franklin, there will be one about 110 miles to the west of Nashville, then another about 110 miles west of that. Lines up with the eastern edge of Jackson, TN and West Memphis, AR.

But we aren't on the schedule until 2016 anyway. I agree - I am anxious not for a Memphis supercharger, but for superchargers near Nashville (check), Tupelo, Sikeston, and Jackson MS. And Birmingham AL, Elizabethtown KY, Asheville NC.

I think the Best Western, 3401 Service Loop Rd, West Memphis, AR 72301, would work, if Love's Travel Stop wouldn't work out. There's a shopping mall to the west, but that would suck for people on I-40W, because there's no immediate access back on.

Last edited:
I think the Best Western, 3401 Service Loop Rd, West Memphis, AR 72301, would work, if Love's Travel Stop wouldn't work out. There's a shopping mall to the west, but that would suck for people on I-40W, because there's no immediate access back on.

I just stayed a night in West Memphis while driving west this summer, but stayed at the Motel 6 on the I-40E side. You're right, it took me forever to figure out how to get back on the westbound side.

West Memphis really needs one. We just traveled through on way to Little Rock and need to stop in Memphis for some juice. Best we could do was 24A Blink charging for 2.5 hours and then 55MPH for half the trip to little rock.

Speaking of this any better choices near Memphis for are trip back. We go from Little Rock to Sikeston MO Saturday afternoon/evening.

My husband would really like to travel from Wisconsin to Memphis. I am researching this trip and it seems impossible or at least really inconvenient. Anyone have tips for me or should we just choose a different destination?

Get a CHADeMO adapter. There are a couple Nissan dealerships on the North side of town. It'll take longer than SC, but, it's an option until we get them in Jackson, TN and Memphis.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps this is the wrong place to post ... But I just noticed that Jackson, MS is now on Tesla's "coming soon" list, as is Slidell.

Fairfield Inn in Jackson, MS is showing as Tesla (S)/destination charger is operational on Plugshare. $15 for non-guests.

Your thoughts?
I am working on a 80 amp. Chargers at SideCar Resturant 2 blocks off I40.
Next door to Harley Davidson dealership.

Reactions: jozegovich and WMAC