Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bring on the flood of SC stations in the "Mid South SC Desert"!

Absolutely.

I'm hoping that in prioritizing new sites, someone at tesla is giving preference to sites that connect a maximum number of existing superchargers, while making new routes possible.

For example, Miner/Sikeston is within range of three previously opened superchargers (Memphis will make four). I was able to drive to Wisconsin last week with zero range anxiety.

The southeast corner of Memphis is within reasonable range of Nashville (Brentwood), Jackson (Pearl), and Miner. The Bass Pro area or West Memphis would be out of range from Nashville, although certainly OK for Miner and probably OK for Pearl. Anywhere in Memphis, including the planned site, will be within easy range of Little Rock if we ever get any Arkansas superchargers.

Travel from the upper Midwest to the gulf coast is now straightforward in a Model S, although a handful of legs might be uncomfortably long in bad weather. This is a huge improvement over last year.

Which part? Starbucks and 5 Guys, along with 3 or 4 other restaurants? Or the ear part?

The Shea Clinic invented the prosthetic ear bone, replacing 2 of 3 inner ear bones with a plastic one. I had a cyst in the bone around the ear, after it grew into my ear, had to have it rebuilt. Maybe the best place to have that surgery is the Shea Clinic. The surgeon that cracked my ear, Dr. Emmett, has done 25,000 inner ear procedures. One of the best doctors in the country, and a prince of a guy. Recommended for any ear problem.

I know lots about the restaurants in that area. My favorite is Corky's, but I have tried a few others.

Reactions: jdo and mikes_fsd
i will be heading north from Louisiana in two weeks, I need a place to charge around Memphis, Tn., any suggestions other than the Peabody, I would like to use a charger close to a Hotel.
Check out the Graceland RV Park with Heartbreak Hotel. Plugshare shows they have 14-50 slots near the pool, but it seems inconsistent how they charge you for usage (or don't charge you).

i will be heading north from Louisiana in two weeks, I need a place to charge around Memphis, Tn., any suggestions other than the Peabody, I would like to use a charger close to a Hotel.
Have a Chademo? People often seem to forget to set Plugshare properly and miss the fact that 3 of our Nissan dealerships have recently installed Chademo's, which they allow use of even for Tesla owners. One to the south on I-55, one to the east on I-40, and then one to the northeast.

I can let you use my HPWC if thats what you need. PM me. I am not on plugshare. I am in a safe area, and there's ~ 3 hotels within 1.5 miles of my house but none actually nearby (look for intersection of Poplar and Mendenhall).

Reactions: PtG62901