Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Walking distance not so much, but a very short Uber ride (<2 miles) would take you to a few.

Corky's is a little to the west on Poplar (just on the other side of East I-240), that's a pretty good crowdpleaser as they cater to most types of BBQ.

Pyro's (in the SpC parking lot) is a local pizza chain that merges Subway/Chipotle style ordering with pizza which is worth checking out.

Also for barbecue a little farther east on Poplar Ave (US 72). and you get to "The one and Only" barbecue which has good and reasonable takeout, which you could then carry with you to the supercharger. Probably closer than Corky's

My favorite spot near East Memphis for out of town guests is the Germantown Comissary, which is about 3-4 miles from the Supercharger just south of Poplar/72. Funky little family owned barbecue place, not a chain.

Also for barbecue a little farther east on Poplar Ave (US 72). and you get to "The one and Only" barbecue which has good and reasonable takeout, which you could then carry with you to the supercharger. Probably closer than Corky's

My favorite spot near East Memphis for out of town guests is the Germantown Comissary, which is about 3-4 miles from the Supercharger just south of Poplar/72. Funky little family owned barbecue place, not a chain.

Yeah I avoided using the term "favorite" since asking Memphians for their favorite BBQ joint usually sparks a holy war; that said I will second getting comissary, it's worth it just not as easy to get to for out of towners.

Suffice to say THX1139 there is no right or wrong answer for good BBQ here as we've got TONS of it.

Early December "final stages of construction'" Now more than 2 months later and still no Little Rock SC. With present SC you can't easily get across AR without resorting to a RV park (and not many of them) or stopping overnight at the Holiday Inn.
I am more than a little disappointed since mid Arkansas is well traveled and a LR SC has been "promoted" for 2 years. All those foreign countries and Tesla can't manage Little Rock? Fill in the biggest SC gap.
Just venting but I need LR to make an upcoming trip to West Texas . Or detour 120 miles out of my way. Or waste hours trying to charge with low level chargers . An alternative would be to drive slowly but Arkansas has a vague law re obstructing traffic flow that seems to leave it up to the police. With my luck it would be a cop who had a bad argument with his wife that AM.

Early December "final stages of construction'" Now more than 2 months later and still no Little Rock SC. With present SC you can't easily get across AR without resorting to a RV park (and not many of them) or stopping overnight at the Holiday Inn.
I am more than a little disappointed since mid Arkansas is well traveled and a LR SC has been "promoted" for 2 years. All those foreign countries and Tesla can't manage Little Rock? Fill in the biggest SC gap.

Getting the supercharger hooked up and running involves the power company installing a transformer--this can be the cause of lengthy delays beyond Tesla's control.

I agree it is bizarre that Arkansas is still without a SC. Arkansas is now one of just two lower 50 states that doesn't have a SC. The other is North Dakota. Even West Virginia has one SC and another on the way.

Nissan CHAdeMO's are somewhat rare in Arkansas as well (I only see one in Rogers AR), none in Little Rock. Arkansas is an EV desert.

The Memphis location has been okay for going from Little Rock to the East, but your point makes a great case for the planned chargers in Blytheville and Forrest City in Arkansas. The Forrest City should allow you to bypass Memphis on the way to Jackson, TN. With all the work being done in closing the map around West Virginia, I remain surprised that either little is happening to fill out the rest of the Arkansas stops or no one is noticing.

Reactions: ldgrmnmc
Where else would you put it?

You need to be somewhere on the 40/240 loop to be convenient to people passing through both east-west and north-south.

You also need a safe neighborhood and amenities within walking distance.

If they had put me in charge, I'd have put it the the mall anchored by target and Best Buy that's a half mile away right at the exit, but the actual location is pretty good.

Reactions: TMC Bubba
Respectfully disagree, Flyeyes. Bass Pro on the river, although its clearly less safe (shooting there not that long ago, but that was a crazy man on a killing spree. Funny that I can type that while implying its not that unsafe). In a couple of years, when St. Jude expands to the riverfront, it will be at the nexis of Bass Pro and St. Jude.

Last edited:
V3 Upgrade and more stalls inbound!

Attachments

• 347443100_267916295708986_2957093205099282313_n.jpg
    347443100_267916295708986_2957093205099282313_n.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 65
Any status on this charger? Thanks
I'm a local, had to stop by today mid afternoon. Arrived in the 85 or so degree heat, 540 PM not too much sun, battery at 18%, and maxed out at 51 kW before settling at 50kW for nearly 25 minutes. Then had enough to run my errands and head home.

Bottom line is that this was never a great setup, it isn't aging well, and shouldn't use it unless you are already in the immediate vicinity. Although there's a posting above about it expanding, that hasn't occurred and there are no signs of it occurring.

Go to one of the V3s (or V4s when that happens) in the area.