Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Menlo Park Model S Premier

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this an invite-only premier? I am seriously considering putting down a deposit on the Model S, but I would really like to see it in person before "making the leap." Thanks for any information you may have.

You could take the list of requested features and ask about them. I am pretty sure the response will be we don't know yet but maybe we can make some progress. It will be interesting to see if Elon specifically mentions ESC. I think he has had a lot of questions on that so maybe they will move it up on the published features list ..... even though we know it is already there.

I would like any kind of time estimate when they know more about the car.
Things like when do they think they will announce:
Euro pricing?
What options will be available?
Approx what options will be in the standard car?

I would also like to know how competitive they think they will be? Say compared to a BMW 535i? It has the same 5.6s 0-100 time, starts at $51 100 so almost the same price, and the Model S is a bit bigger but not that much. If I accept the limited range of the 160miles pack vs that 535i will they be similarily priced or would I get a lot more or less "bang-for-my-buck" with either one?

I suppose you could always use a similar American premium car as basis for comparison, but can you get Elon or someone else tell what cars they are using as benchmarks for comparisons?

Hmm not sure what I'm trying to say is clear, or for that matter of you can get any answers to these questions... but I suppose it's worth a try.

Cobos

Yes I was talking about 0-100km/h or 0-60/62mph which should be equal for the 535i from BMW USA and the Model S. I did notice something interesting though. It seems BMW doesn't offer the 535i here in Norway, only the 530i and the 540i. A 535d is available though. But the strange thing is that for the Norwegian market I beleive they have tuned the engines down. Looking at the 5 series and 0-100km/h times only the 550i has times below 6 seconds. And except the 550i which performs slightly better than the US 550i all our models with similar numbers have significantly less power...

Take a look here and compare for yourself. That's the specs and even though they are in Norwegian you should be able to understand the essence of it. (Or just ask me and I'll translate whatever is unclear.)

Cobos

I wonder if they meant size and immenities instead of 0-60 times ?!?!?!

I don't know if I am out in right field with this, but it seems obvious that the 535i and the Model S aren't even comparable. The S is electric. Once you've driven electric you never want to go back to anything powered by anything noisy, polluting, energy wasteful and maintenance intensive. You can easily figure that you would be able to buy an additional vehicle for what you might spend on fuel and maintenance. Of course, some might still think gas is going to be plentiful and cheap into the next decade. I do not. There is no comparison.