Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Menlo Service Center Will Be Closing / Dividing Into Two

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been going to the Tesla Menlo Park service center for four years now. All of my interactions have been wonderful. They will be closing however! From what I understand the first reason is that Stanford owns the property and is going to build some additional facilities. If you are on the San Francisco Peninsula, you probably have noticed a lot of Stanford buildings pop up far off campus. There are some facilities off of 101 and even some in the Stanford Shopping Center.

The second reason I have heard is that a lot of their customers are in Santa Clara county, so they will need a service facility farther south. Menlo Park will be divided into a service center in Sunnyvale near Wolfe Road and El Camino on the site of an old Infiniti car dealership, and the other service center will be in Burlingame. Menlo Park is much more convenient for me than either of these locations.

I do want to give a thank you to everyone who was helped me over the years and treated me so kindly! :biggrin:

May be relevant information for folks deciding on whether or not to buy ranger service up front.

Cross posted from here.

I'll miss the Menlo Park Service location. I feel a little nostalgic about it. My Roadster info screen says 'Assembled in Menlo Park' i.e. where the important Tesla stuff was installed. It's as close to the factory as the Roadsters ever had.

But Fremont, San Rafael, and Burlingame would all be a little easier for me.

Going further south ... will that not get too close to Santana Row?

For those unfamiliar with Menlo, this is a pic I took when there 2 weeks ago - as a tourist!

It was unusual as it's a service center and showroom in one.

Attachments

• menlo_park.jpg
    menlo_park.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 604
Sunnyvale works out awesome for me as I work near the 101-237-Milpitas clusterf**k. I'm guessing it would be service only.

Guess I should go to Menlo Park just to say I've been. haha

On another note, I got an RSVP to a Tesla event tomorrow evening for the grand opening of the expansion at Santana Row. So lots of changes going on in the Bay Area.

I'll miss the Menlo Park Service location. I feel a little nostalgic about it. My Roadster info screen says 'Assembled in Menlo Park' i.e. where the important Tesla stuff was installed. It's as close to the factory as the Roadsters ever had.

But Fremont, San Rafael, and Burlingame would all be a little easier for me.

Well then there was San Carlos. My Roadster is quite a bit older than yours, and was built in San Carlos pre Menlo Park.

I'm personally excited about the Sunnyvale location. I've not had a great experience scheduling with the Menlo Park service center because they are just way too busy, so I've been going to Fremont which has its challenges as well because they handle new vehicle delivery prep. Unfortunately, there are just way too many Teslas on the road these days... ;)

Last edited:
Appreciate the heads up, Owner, this will actually will impact my decision on getting the ranger option (live far from either proposed option but work very close to the Menlo Park store now...ugh). Echoing Pure Amps, hopefully it will add to the overall available service slots. Called last week to get a couple of non-critical (but highly annoying personally) things addressed and Menlo noted that at the time there was a two week wait for service.

I live less than a mile from the Menlo Park showroom/service center and will miss having it here. There is fairly significant local opposition to Stanford's expansion plans but Tesla has already decided to go. I've tried asking multiple staff members there about their timeline but they either don't know or aren't saying.