Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Menlo Service Center Will Be Closing / Dividing Into Two

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Met with a technician there this morning that told me that current plan is to move the service center to Burlingame in June, and maybe make a store in the Stanford mall someplace.

Edit: He didn't say anything about Sunnyvale...

Stanford is evil. To counter the local opposition they'll just crank the rents until all the buildings are vacant. They'll then let them become an eyesore and local folks will beg them to build a shiny new office building. :mad:

The last I heard was that Tesla's lease was out in September so will be sometime before then.

I liked that Menlo was walking distance to Caltrain - that made pick-ups and drop-offs a lot easier for me as I could still get to work and home. That Sunnyvale location isn't anywhere close to transit. Maybe Burlingame will be near the train.

Will miss Menlo. Recall the days when it was a Ford dealership before Tesla came along. Menlo was there before Santana Row became the more well-known premiere store around here. Used to frequent the area to visit a good friend on nearby Cambridge Ave.

Wonder what'll happen to the informal 'Tesla Museum' there with the Roadster mules and the Model S alpha...

Will miss Menlo. Recall the days when it was a Ford dealership before Tesla came along. Menlo was there before Santana Row became the more well-known premiere store around here. Used to frequent the area to visit a good friend on nearby Cambridge Ave.

Wonder what'll happen to the informal 'Tesla Museum' there with the Roadster mules and the Model S alpha...
They're expanding Santana Row - maybe they'll move some there? Else there's lots of room at the factory :p

Stanford is evil. To counter the local opposition they'll just crank the rents until all the buildings are vacant. They'll then let them become an eyesore and local folks will beg them to build a shiny new office building. :mad:
That's not a fair statement. The majority of that strip of land was leased to companies that then subleased the land to car dealerships. Basically all those dealerships closed but some weren't let out of their multi-year leases. Stanford wants to develop that whole strip at once and had to wait for the rest of the leases to be up. They managed to reacquire the lease to the property that was Anderson Chevy and then leased it out to Tesla for the interim. That was always going to be a temporary situation.

The Menlo Park sales/service center - Page 18

I guess this works out okay for me. I often drop by Menlo Park, but it's usually to ask a question or look at a feature or something, so those are more showroom activities than service center activities. The Sunnyvale location is close to my office, so it will actually be pretty convenient.

I'll be sad to see that location go, though. The location is fantastic for people driving through what is a very affluent area that I expect is rich with potential owners.