Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Men's Health Model S Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this article best sums up why I got a Model S. Why not? Yeah I'll take that.

And from the article: "The difference is that with three-year-olds, “Because I said so!” is generally a sufficient enough answer, when pressed."

Well I remember as a small child me not letting that phase me. I pretty much always followed up with "That isn't a real answer." Now that I am an adult I disagree with my 4 year old self. "Because I said so," is a perfectly adequate response.

I like this one:
Furthermore, why do our replacements for those dinosaurs—the slowly spreading landscape of electric vehicles—have to continue the same trajectory of incremental improvements as all the other cars? Why can’t you just start at awesome?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the second time I've seen:
but powering up a battery this size takes time, up to six hours from empty via a 240v home charger

The charge times I'm aware of are:
  • 110V/12A - Forever.
  • 220V/40A - 8-9 hours
  • 220V/80A - 4.5 hours
  • Supercharger - ~90 minutes (I think)

Where is the 6 hour number coming from?

This is the second time I've seen:

The charge times I'm aware of are:
  • 110V/12A - Forever.
  • 220V/40A - 8-9 hours
  • 220V/80A - 4.5 hours
  • Supercharger - ~90 minutes (I think)

Where is the 6 hour number coming from?

Some automotive journalists seem to frequently either make up times or confuse multiple factors when they quote times (depends on the battery pack size too). That guy at The Detroit Bureau website refused to revise this charge times even after Tesla's calculator was online.

This seems like a well written, researched review so they might have just mixed up the charge time for the 60 kWh pack or something.

Last edited: