Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mention of Tesla on the U.S. Open Men's Final broadcast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The funny part is that they announced Mercedes as the official sponsor of the U.S. Open and the announcer said, "speaking of cars, Djokovic drives himself to the matches in his Tesla" and then proceeded to say, "I would drive myself too if I had a Tesla".

Mercedes must be upset because they paid big money for that sponsorship, and the announcer poo-pooed them by talking about Telsa right after. He'll have som 'splainin to do, I'm sure.

Funny nonetheless.

The funny part is that they announced Mercedes as the official sponsor of the U.S. Open and the announcer said, "speaking of cars, Djokovic drives himself to the matches in his Tesla" and then proceeded to say, "I would drive myself too if I had a Tesla".

Mercedes must be upset because they paid big money for that sponsorship, and the announcer poo-pooed them by talking about Telsa right after. He'll have som 'splainin to do, I'm sure.

Funny nonetheless.

Incidentally, Djokovic might own a Tesla because he's very interested in Nikola Tesla. He has a dog called Tesla* and in his spare time like to do research on Tesla.

* A real Tesla nut would have a pigeon called Tesla. :p

Incidentally, Djokovic might own a Tesla because he's very interested in Nikola Tesla. He has a dog called Tesla* and in his spare time like to do research on Tesla.

* A real Tesla nut would have a pigeon called Tesla. :p

Not as cute as a pigeon, but verrry cute Tesla and Piere taking their masters for a walk

Pierre&Tesla.jpg

Tesla is the cutest one of course (the one with one-foot rollout in front of the crowd)

Google does not know of Novak's Tesla car yet, must be a recent ownership or a hire

I watched the replay of that section today through the ESPN app on my Apple TV and I didn't hear any reference to Tesla. Part of the problem could be that I noticed that during game breaks any commentary is muted with just the ambient crowd noise piped in.

Mention of Tesla is at 2:19:00. They cut-out the part where they mentioned about Mercedes being the sponsor. I don't know if that was on purpose or because it was right after a commercial and they didn't get it back fast enough.

Last edited by a moderator: