Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Merced to Portland......Any down superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks ago we did a Bay Area to Salem roundtrip. All Superchargers along the way were open and available. Vacaville, Corning, Mt. Shasta, Grants Pass, Eugene/Springfield and Woodburn. Not sure if you have done this route with the latest version of 6.2. There are some software quirks. Heading North at Grant's Pass, the car said we have enough power to make it to Springfield. It was at 65%. 23 miles into the trip MS told me to turn around and go back to Grant's Pass for more charge. That section of I5 is hilly with many corners. The car apparently didn't know that when it said we could make it with 65%.

Have a good trip!

Two weeks ago we did a Bay Area to Salem roundtrip. All Superchargers along the way were open and available. Vacaville, Corning, Mt. Shasta, Grants Pass, Eugene/Springfield and Woodburn. Not sure if you have done this route with the latest version of 6.2. There are some software quirks. Heading North at Grant's Pass, the car said we have enough power to make it to Springfield. It was at 65%. 23 miles into the trip MS told me to turn around and go back to Grant's Pass for more charge. That section of I5 is hilly with many corners. The car apparently didn't know that when it said we could make it with 65%.

Have a good trip!

Came down this route today. No issues.

There are no issues with any superchargers along that route. Just returning from Hood River today, holed up for the night in Sutherlin OR in killer 108F temperatures.

Was doing 70-75 in 105F temperatures with no power limitations due to heat.

Be advised that northern Portland seems to be a hole for working CHAdeMO chargers if you have an adapter. I was finally able to get a full charge in Hood River. The trip there from Portland was a bit of a nail biter but made it OK.