Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes EQS will have 435+ miles range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unbenannt.JPG

Mercedes-Benz EQS Will Have 435+ Miles / 700+ Km Of Range

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Do you have working prototypes driving around?

View attachment 567010
So did Dyson.

Once again, I have no interest in announcements and prototypes. I have seen this same song and dance before and I have no desire for it again. EV fans sure do like to get excited about borderline vaporware.

NOTE: My frustration is regarding North American EV releases.

Last edited:
So did Dyson.
Once again, I have no interest in announcements and prototypes. I have seen this same song and dance before and I have no desire for it again. EV fans sure do like to get excited about borderline vaporware.

NOTE: My frustration is regarding North American EV releases.
I hear that! Rivian is a prime example. Then GM and their vaporware and joke of a "platform" consisting of some wheels on stands and a rectangle box. They are all doing this because of what Tesla started and it's rapid growth.

Reactions: ragedogg69
I hear that! Rivian is a prime example. Then GM and their vaporware and joke of a "platform" consisting of some wheels on stands and a rectangle box. They are all doing this because of what Tesla started and it's rapid growth.
Actually GM is what made me give up on any interest in announcements and prototypes. Remember that revolutionary announcement in March about all those EVs they will be making? THEY ALREADY DID THAT ANNOUNCEMENT IN 2017!!!

Sorta again in 2018 Reading about them still hyping the Volt makes me sad.

Other makers are doing it with limited releases with their Tesla killers that do not even match the original 265 range of the Model S in smaller vehicles. Not to mention the 75kw "fast charging."

I am hoping Ford does not trip on their own dicks releasing the Mach E.

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Actually GM is what made me give up on any interest in announcements and prototypes. Remember that revolutionary announcement in March about all those EVs they will be making? THEY ALREADY DID THAT ANNOUNCEMENT IN 2017!!!

Sorta again in 2018 Reading about them still hyping the Volt makes me sad.

Other makers are doing it with limited releases with their Tesla killers that do not even match the original 265 range of the Model S in smaller vehicles. Not to mention the 75kw "fast charging."

I am hoping Ford does not trip on their own dicks releasing the Mach E.
Not to mention the 75kw "fast charging."

Who mentioned 75kW charging as fast?

Europeans use the WLTP testing methods all the time to get flashy headlines, but of course none of their customers will come close to getting these results....Fake News!...
Europeans use WLTP testing methods not for flashy headlines but because it's mandated by law.

Even Tesla has to post WLTP range of their cars in Europe. Of course no Tesla customer will come close to 348 miles range.
And 435+ miles range WLTP is more than 348 miles range WLTP. Even in real world range of this Mercedes will be high.

Europe:
Unbenannt.JPG

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: redalf and X Fan
NEDC was ultra unrealistic. WLTP is appropriate for grandpas and grannies actually. It is reachable, but not in "modern traffic".
So to get EPA from WLTP it is around 10% less. So 390 miles in case of EPA.

Anybody makes a vehicle with official range lower than 100D - haha.
Anybody makes a vehicle with official range higher than 100D - haha.

I see 50kW and 100 kW chargers referred to at the Kona and Niro sites. I have not read of or heard of a 75kW charger. I have read of 120kW charger becoming a 62.5 kW charger when two vehicles are using the same charger but never a 150kW charger becoming a 75kW charger with two users.

Does anyone else find it telling that they don't mention when they plan to begin deliveries or how many they plan to make? By the time they start mass producing it ( 2025? ), the Model S will probably have 600 miles of range.

I like the design, and from those specs, it looks like it would be quite competitive it it were on the market today. But it's not available now, and it probably won't be widely available for a very long time. When will the other companies realize that they will never catch up to Tesla if they base their future plans on what Tesla already has on the market.

I see 50kW and 100 kW chargers referred to at the Kona and Niro sites. I have not read of or heard of a 75kW charger. I have read of 120kW charger becoming a 62.5 kW charger when two vehicles are using the same charger but never a 150kW charger becoming a 75kW charger with two users.

Their sites are incredibly misleading. They give a 100kW for their timeframe and the car cannot charge faster than 77kw and owners will never see anything past 74 kW. I am speaking of the car's capability. Not the infrastructure.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia