TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Mercedes S Class getting more like Model S interior

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Uncle Paul, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

Just saw a review of the new Mercedes S class, and noted that it has gotten rid of a ton of buttons and switches, moved them to the steering wheel and controlled some with scroll wheels.
    2018 Mercedes-Benz S560 Sedan: The best gets better

Looked more Tesla like, with larger screens, less gauges and buttons.

Think the Tesla still looks simpler, much more modern and beautiful.

2. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

meh, no HUD, it's not like this is a $35K car, what's MBZ's excuse?

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That is amusing. MB is trying to channel Tesla, but still failing. That dashboard is still to busy and complicated. And I strongly disagree with the article headline. An S560 is clearly not "the best". It has this enormous ridiculously complex engine and transmission, and it burns fossil fuel. How is that "the best"? It's not. A long range BEV powered by sustainable energy is obviously "the best".

4. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Active Distance Assist Distronic system? Who's idea was this name?
    The dashboard does look like MB used Tesla's design. Or at least learned from it.
    "Now, I've driven plenty of ACC systems before this one, but the S-Class' system packs a few tricks that left me impressed." I do like the way MB uses navigation to slow or accelerate for turns (with NAV set to a destination) and curves in the road. I am impressed. I have no doubt AP could do this if Tesla released it.
    Did he try a Tesla AP? Slowing for curves and the like is part of AP as well.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Every time I see that word "Distronic" I mentally translate it as "dysfunctional". It's a very odd word.

• Funny x 1