Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes video released today re new EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I do not share it. Maybe we'll find out in due course, maybe not.
This video came out on the Mercedes website showcasing its new EV.

It looks gorgeous inside. With a Mercedes interior and Mercedes service, Tesla will be in trouble.
OK, i have had a MB in my garage since the early '80's....NO complaints...was in a 4 car accident once..police said dead in any other car..that was before air bags etc. I am presently trading in a 550 SL 3 yo b/c the tesla offers me so much more in a driving and just overall pleasurable exp. I a.m. so bored with the MB dash & this MX is beyond being a simple driving vehicle. The MB has a quality carno question, but Tesla is another level of driving eep. i would bet they have a deal with tesla on super chargers since Tesla used a lot of their inside hardware....

I a.m. so bored with the MB dash & this MX is beyond being a simple driving vehicle. .

I too was bored with my MBZ. I had been driving a 4 door C Class sedan since 1997 -- 7 cars in a row.

But when I told my Mercedes salesman heard I was seriously considering a Tesla, he asked me what car I wanted. I pointed to a gorgeous silver C300 2 door Coupe. In the end, MBZ leased me the car for about the same as my 4 door sedan, which is unusual, because the Coupes are rarer, and MBZ usually doesn't deal on them. I'm so happy with the car. It would be hard to give up the luxury. Hopefully, MBZ will have a sedan that competes with the Model 3 in 3 years when my lease is up.

2018-C-COUPE-019-MCFO.jpg

Reactions: acoste
Nice car...but why the horrible oversized grill? Looks like it belongs on a pick up truck.

Actually, I agree with you. I just realized that is not the grill on my car. That is the "diamond "grill", which I do not like. My grill looks like this:

2019-mercedes-benz-c.jpg

I love this car. It reminds me of the 1970s Mustang Fastback. (I like cars that look like Hot Wheels cars.)

mercedes-benz-of-los-angeles-los-angeles

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I like it, it reminds me of every other ICE car, except if this car were a person it would look like an old man gasping before going to sleep, mouth wide open (the grill), gasping for air (air ducts), driving while falling asleep behind the wheel (driver bored out of his gourd), performing hypnagogic jerks (represents the transmission shifts and the driver trying to stay awake), postnasal drip (transmission fluid and oil dripping everywhere) with obstructed sleep apnea (engine struggling to climb at altitude), with pulmonary edema (gas in the tank sloshing around, limiting its ability to perform), with panic, anxiety and a sense of terror or impending doom (sees a Model 3 next to him - revs engine to be relevant) , with acid reflux (represents the exhaust smell), with congestive heart failure (engine blowing trying to keep up with a BEV), and finally the silver paint represents the silver fox who drives it.

I actually think Lexus's grill is even worse, either way they both look good in my rear view mirror...fact.

iu

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors and acoste
Actually, I agree with you. I just realized that is not the grill on my car. That is the "diamond "grill", which I do not like. My grill looks like this:

2019-mercedes-benz-c.jpg

I love this car. It reminds me of the 1970s Mustang Fastback. (I like cars that look like Hot Wheels cars.)

mercedes-benz-of-los-angeles-los-angeles
Way better, it looks a lot better in black too...

But if I'm getting a coupe its going be this one.

2019-maserati-granturismo-look-high-resolution.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, it reminds me of every other ICE car, except if this car were a person it would look like an old man gasping before going to sleep, mouth wide open (the grill), gasping for air (air ducts), driving while falling asleep behind the wheel (driver bored out of his gourd), performing hypnagogic jerks (represents the transmission shifts and the driver trying to stay awake), postnasal drip (transmission fluid and oil dripping everywhere) with obstructed sleep apnea (engine struggling to climb at altitude), with pulmonary edema (gas in the tank sloshing around, limiting its ability to perform), with panic, anxiety and a sense of terror or impending doom (sees a Model 3 next to him - revs engine to be relevant) , with acid reflux (represents the exhaust smell), with congestive heart failure (engine blowing trying to keep up with a BEV), and finally the silver paint represents the silver fox who drives it.

I actually think Lexus's grill is even worse, either way they both look good in my rear view mirror...fact.

iu

So I take it you don't care for the Mercedes?

For the record, I don't ever rev my engine. I don't care much about 0 to 60. I don't care about acceleration. If you like seeing me in your rear view mirror, you probably will, because I don't try to keep up with anyone when I'm driving a car. I really don't care much about performance (although I can easily pass most cars when I put my mind to it). I have 257 horsepower, and that's fine.

I'm 60 years old. I like a perfectly built, quiet, comfortable, reliable car. I have one. You don't.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: jerseygirl18
I'm not against Mercedes. I just don't like gas cars anymore. I've had six years of driving 3 different Teslas and I just can't see myself in a MB product.
I'm a tech savy 53 year old, Mercedes to me represent the old school, it kinda like a 1980's rock band (in this case the Scorpions - from Germany), they were great back when I was a kid and used to listen to their records, but as I got old and more creaky (former Paratrooper), I wanted something smooth, fast, quiet, James Bondesque, futuristic, something with a brand that meant something, something that reminded me how fast I used to be, Tesla has been that car, my stop light racing days are over too, but my on highway launches in the DC area are needed to deal with the 1st generation drivers around here. I am sold on Tesla and I am reminded every day, when I drive by the school in our neighbor that every kid points and you see their lips say it ''Look a Tesla"... nobody says that about MB when they are making ugly cars like this thing.
I am glad they are finally coming to the market with an electric vehicle, but I think they are virtue signalling to appease a segment of the driving population, they aren't serious and don't want to dilute their legacy core market. I will go test drive the MB, but thats it, without a nationwide network of chargers, I'm not really interested, if they adopted the Tesla infrastructure, I would seriously consider it if the car was superior technically and specs (range, acceleration, handling, user interface - usually MB's weakest link) to the P100D Raven Model S.

iu

I'm not against Tesla. But I dislike the glass roof that overheats the cabin; the cheap build quality; the quality control problems; obvious paint problems; doors that you have to slam to get them to close; the cheap interior; cabin noise so bad that people buy kits from China to seal their doors and roofs; and computer screens that go out for no reason. I also like having a place where I can service my car and know I will get it back in the same condition I left it within a day. I like being able to call customer service and have people pick up the phone. I like not having to wait two months for my car to be delivered with no one to call.I guess I'm old fashioned.

Moreover, I live in West Los Angeles. No one says, "look a Tesla!" when you drive by in a Model 3. They are a common car. They are, in essence, the next Prius. If you think people care what you drive, you are delusional.

Truth be told, I wish I had an electric car. But now is not the time to get a poorly built car that everyone in the City bought in the last 6 months.

Now get the hell off my lawn.

You dislike a car you haven't driven and possibly haven't even been inside. People who have driven it tend to love it, professional reviews of the car are mainly extremely positive as well. Your opinion therefore carries little weight.

Following on from your tone, and being overtly negative on the Mercedes as you were on the Tesla. I think the front of the Mercedes EQC looks hideous. The ground clearance is so awful I'd be afraid to go over speed bumps. The headroom is terrible given the size of car, particularly in the back. The lack of glass roof makes passengers feel claustrophobic (worse given the lack of head clearance). The screen is tiny. The charging infrastructure is rubbish compared to Tesla's in many countries. The autonomous features, lack of OTA updates and general software infrastrucure and connectedness of components are lacking compared to Tesla. Oh, and the car is overpriced for the performance on offer.

Last edited:
You dislike a car you haven't driven and possibly haven't even been inside. People who have driven it tend to love it, professional reviews of the car are mainly extremely positive as well. Your opinion therefore carries little weight.

I have driven it, and have been inside it. It is a very nice car to drive in the City. It's a fun car to drive. I actually love driving the car. On a long haul, I'd probably want a Mercedes for comfort.

However, I think pretty much everyone agrees that the build quality of the car is very poor. I think most people agree that Tesla's service sucks.

However, I think pretty much everyone agrees that the build quality of the car is very poor. I think most people agree that Tesla's service sucks.

No, they don't. That's flat out incorrect, don't project your own opinions with outright falsehoods like that. The positive reviews from owners and professional reviewers, many of whom were pleasantly surprised by the build quality, are far more numerous than "the build quality sucks" type of reviews.

Reactions: Nels and outdoors