Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes video released today re new EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I think a company like Mercedes, with excellent service centers, is more likely to steal customers from Tesla, than Tesla is likely to steal customers from Mercedes. This will be even more true if people continue to post negative reviews of Tesla's service on places like YouTube.
FYI, i have had MB since early 80's Porsches for last 2 decades...i know what German cars are like...but the one thing i can't stand is that they are BORING! the dash & interior if they change at all is very little. The new tech offered in the Tesla interested me greatly, i luv technology...so, Tesla stole my heart & my 550S is getting traded in as soon as the deliver in made

Reactions: outdoors
I watched about 100-200 videos on YouTube on Teslas. Tell Audible that it's the only sponsor I remember from all those videos. (Potential Tesla drivers is a perfect demographic for Audible.)

I badly wanted to buy an EV. I drove Model 3for about 30 minutes and 100% agree that it is an outstanding and revolutionary car. I absolutely loved it.

I, however, could not pull the trigger on buying one because I think that many Models 3s sold in the past few months are not good cars. I think you are taking a risk if you buy one of those cars. Also, Tesla's failure to honor delivery dates concerns me.

Problems with the Model 3 are now causing service centers to be overworked. Loaners are not available. And Superchargers now occasionally see lines. Tesla should have built the infrastructure before the cars. The lack of a reliable service infrastructure may cause Tesla owners to switch if many alternatives are available.

I am now driving a beautiful Mercedes C300 Coupe. However, I truly expect this will be my last ICE car. I think Tesla will have a hard time getting my business, if I could get an Audi, Mercedes, or Lexus EV. I want "white glove" service when my car needs something. Tesla does not have it.

Thanks for your video.
WHY are you on this forum? Find a MB forum, oh i'm sorry they don't have one!
you are very negative and talk in generalities with no back up facts."
i.e "I think that many Models 3s sold in the past few months are not good cars. I think you are taking a risk if you buy one of those cars" Why should your opinion count?? you just seem overly impressed you are able to have a MB...Not that big a deal especially if you lease,,,,

FYI, i have had MB since early 80's Porsches for last 2 decades...i know what German cars are like...but the one thing i can't stand is that they are BORING! the dash & interior if they change at all is very little. The new tech offered in the Tesla interested me greatly, i luv technology...so, Tesla stole my heart & my 550S is getting traded in as soon as the deliver in made

I think the Model 3 is gorgeous. I think it is the most fun car I have ever driven. I am going to wait 3 years and see where the EV market is then.

WHY are you on this forum? Find a MB forum, oh i'm sorry they don't have one!
you are very negative and talk in generalities with no back up facts."
i.e "I think that many Models 3s sold in the past few months are not good cars. I think you are taking a risk if you buy one of those cars" Why should your opinion count?? you just seem overly impressed you are able to have a MB...Not that big a deal especially if you lease,,,,

Answers:

1. I am here to learn about EVs.

2. I am on a Mercedes forum, but there is not much happening there.

3. My opinions are simply that... opinions. My opinion is that there Tesla made too many model 3s too quickly, and that it did not build the infrastructure to service those cars. That opinion is not unreasonable.

4. My Mercedes Benz is not an impressive car. I paid less for it than the base model long range Model 3. I was just pointing out that I really like my new car.

Mercedes has been the automotive leader for 100 years. They advanced safety, emissions, handling standards other cars have struggled to keep up.

Reason I left Mercedes was their arrogant service policy. If you took your car anywhere else to get an oil change, they refuse to turn off the oil change due display. Independent mechanics used to be able to reset the oil change interval, but that policy changed, and they lost me as a customer.
Display would say I was due for A (or B or C) service. They would not tell me what was needed, but that I needed to leave the car with them and they would do what was required and present me with an unknown, and highly overpriced bill.

Dealership manager said that no USA Merceds dealer would reset the display without rechanging the oil themselves, at a way over priced level.

Tesla also has their own ways, some off-putting, but it was Mercedes service that sent me across the street to Tesla.

After switching to Tesla the Mercedes just sat in the garage, unused for months. I could not stand the stink anymore and sold it.

2009 E 350.
Now drive a 2017 Model X. Better in every way.
Mercedes was a nice car, but nothing special. They are nice, but expensive to own with depreciation, expensive service and out of sight repair bills.
Answers:

1. I am here to learn about EVs.

2. I am on a Mercedes forum, but there is not much happening there.

3. My opinions are simply that... opinions. My opinion is that there Tesla made too many model 3s too quickly, and that it did not build the infrastructure to service those cars. That opinion is not unreasonable.

4. My Mercedes Benz is not an impressive car. I paid less for it than the base model long range Model 3. I was just pointing out that I really like my new car.
I don't get the vibe you are hear to learn! you actually sound like a russian Bot!!
trying to disrupt! . Your opinions are not worthy you are not an experienced car critic or a professional one. .you are however, masquerading as a tesla owner being on this forum.
You shouldn't be allowed on, IMO. People here really like their cars too...they don't however go on another forum never having owned one and start spreading opinions as if they are facts!

Mercedes has been the automotive leader for 100 years. They advanced safety, emissions, handling standards other cars have struggled to keep up.

Reason I left Mercedes was their arrogant service policy. If you took your car anywhere else to get an oil change, they refuse to turn off the oil change due display. Independent mechanics used to be able to reset the oil change interval, but that policy changed, and they lost me as a customer.
Display would say I was due for A (or B or C) service. They would not tell me what was needed, but that I needed to leave the car with them and they would do what was required and present me with an unknown, and highly overpriced bill.

Dealership manager said that no USA Merceds dealer would reset the display without rechanging the oil themselves, at a way over priced level.

Tesla also has their own ways, some off-putting, but it was Mercedes service that sent me across the street to Tesla.

After switching to Tesla the Mercedes just sat in the garage, unused for months. I could not stand the stink anymore and sold it.

Probably that independent didn't know much about the car.