Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Merchandise with Tesla logo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the deal with companies selling Tesla logo'd merchandise?

I have seen a few products (floor mats, apparel, etc) with the Tesla logo offered by independent merchants. Does Tesla simply not care about trademark enforcement / bigger fish to fry?

What's the deal with companies selling Tesla logo'd merchandise?

I have seen a few products (floor mats, apparel, etc) with the Tesla logo offered by independent merchants. Does Tesla simply not care about trademark enforcement / bigger fish to fry?
I know that the Tesla T valve caps had to be discontinued because Tesla asked for a cease and desist due to trademark infraction.

Coming from 100% experience here - I am currently under contract with Tesla for Licensing Agreement rights. I can personally state that anyone considering on negotiating a licensing agreement with Tesla will be in awe because it is an extremely daunting task... Reasons on why, I am not at liberty to discuss, but I will say one of the reasons is because they have an extremely small marketing team. Tesla does not care too much for going after small venders like the above link to amazon because it is just not cost effective. There was a gentleman on this forums who sold something called a "PocketFob" - Tesla since sent him a cease and desist letter and made their own without having him involved. A good thing to remember is that just because anyone see's a product, it does not mean that Tesla can stop it - you may thank China and other developing nations for this.

Because it is such daunting task of negotiating a legal contract with Tesla, many people just say 'screw it' and go off on their own - use the 'PocketFob' guy as an example. Tesla saw that it was an interesting and ingenious idea, they cut him out, and made it themselves to give away to enthusiasts.

But regardless of the facts, a majority of Tesla enthusiast's will enjoy what Tesla and I are negotiating. I will be making a post on another date when we get closer to a deal.

Last edited: